Today's Verse - Romans 15:4 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Romans 15:4 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

If the Bible is a love story, then its theme is hope. No matter how dire the circumstances, no matter how big the enemy, no matter how deep the sin, no matter how lost the people, no matter how empty the cupboard, no matter how wide the river, no matter how... God repeatedly gives his people reasons to hope for a brighter tomorrow. And after giving hope to his rebellious and forgetful people, God brought the assurance of that hope — that brighter tomorrow — by sending Jesus!

My Prayer...​

Eternal God, please give me patience and endurance as I search your Scriptures to know and understand your truth and stand in your hope. I am amazed at the incredible things you did to redeem and bless your people in the Old Testament. I am absolutely astonished at what you were able to do with Jesus' rag-tag bunch of disciples. Please, O God, inspire my hope so that I will expect something great from your hand and then live to see you accomplish it in my day. May this, as well as all other things in my life, be done to your honor and glory. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. —Romans 3:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... No matter how hard we try, how good we are, or how much we work, we can never measure up to the only...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom