Today's Verse - Psalm 71:18 (KJV)

Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

—Psalm 71:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


In the beautiful old hymn "O Sacred Head," the final verse ends with this plea: "Lord, let me never, never, outlive my love to Thee." To this sentiment, we want to add one other verse in the old English style of the hymn: "Lord, let me never, never, die until the next generation knoweth Thee!" We must live so four generations can pass on their faith to those who follow them (2 Timothy 2:1-2). This means I want my grandchildren to pass on their faith to their children and friends. So yes, "Lord, let me never, never, die until the next generations knoweth Thee!"

My Prayer...​


LORD God Almighty, the great I AM; please help me and those in my generation to pass on an appreciation of your power and glory to those who come after us. Bless your Church's future with many more continuous generations of faith after me, or until you send your Son to bring your people home. In the name of Jesus my coming LORD, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

—Psalm 71:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


In the beautiful old hymn "O Sacred Head," the final verse ends with this plea: "Lord, let me never, never, outlive my love to Thee." To this sentiment, we want to add one other verse in the old English style of the hymn: "Lord, let me never, never, die until the next generation knoweth Thee!" We must live so four generations can pass on their faith to those who follow them (2 Timothy 2:1-2). This means I want my grandchildren to pass on their faith to their children and friends. So yes, "Lord, let me never, never, die until the next generations knoweth Thee!"

My Prayer...​


LORD God Almighty, the great I AM; please help me and those in my generation to pass on an appreciation of your power and glory to those who come after us. Bless your Church's future with many more continuous generations of faith after me, or until you send your Son to bring your people home. In the name of Jesus my coming LORD, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Forsake us o Lord when we are old nor forget us when we are weak. My trust is in You alone.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. —Psalm 103:17-18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Forever love is...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. —Psalm 94:18-19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are amazed at the vastness of God's reach, the awesome breadth of his power, and the glorious sweep of...
Replies
0
Views
91
  • Article Article
The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes. —Psalm 119:64 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes we get so caught up in the loving wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of "the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1, 111:7) that we forget to ask him to teach...
Replies
0
Views
108
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,325
Messages
16,821,220
Members
651,327
Latest member
Valoushire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom