Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

—Psalm 29:2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Giving glory, ascribing glory, is not an easy thing for us to do. Let's admit it. We are so self-focused. We're much more used to asking from God rather than praising and thanking God and calling others to join us in adoring him. Let's use the rest of this week to pray prayers of thanksgiving and praise, glorifying God's holy name. Try it! Choose a day this week and spend an hour in praise, adoration, reverence, and thanksgiving to God. (Don't ask for anything during this time, let it all be about who God is, what God has done, and ascribing the LORD the glory due him!)


VerseoftheDay.com Video:

This Week's ToGather Guide | All Phil's ToGather Videos


My Prayer...​


Father, I praise you, LORD, for you are marvelous and magnificent beyond my description and understanding yet have loved me as I am. Thank you for sending Jesus to help me catch a glimpse of your glory. Thank you for living inside me through your Holy Spirit. I praise you for sustaining me and those I love with your grace. I thank you, dear LORD, in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
7SnrCpk4qbg


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. —Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who...
Replies
0
Views
98
  • Article Article
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. —Psalm 116:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Understanding the LORD's love, presence, and nearness should lead us to serve him...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. —Psalm 19:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's voice is always speaking through his creation. His witnesses give testimony to his glory...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,444
Messages
16,811,198
Members
650,804
Latest member
Troelareansil

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom