Today's Verse - Philippians 4:7 (KJV)

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

—Philippians 4:7 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


What can genuinely guard our hearts? What can authentically protect our minds? Did you know God wants his peace to guard our hearts and minds? That's the apostle Paul's promise to us in this passage. If we present our requests to God, always with thanksgiving, God's peace is more significant than any explanation, it transcends our ability to comprehend it, and it will stand sentry over our hearts and minds. Do you want an example of how this is true? Look at the book of Job. All that befalls him. All that wounds him. Yet, still, he doesn't become hard of heart or go insane. What is the key to his survival? His ongoing conversation with the LORD — his open recognition of the LORD's presence. Job will not relinquish his relationship with God no matter how badly he hurts, how much he is confused, or how badly he is ridiculed. Amid all of his life's uncertainties, losses, and wounds, Job holds onto God's presence (Job 19:25-26).

My Prayer...​


Father, I need you and the peace of your abiding presence. Wounds pierce my heart, but I don't want my heart to become hardened and callused. At times, my mind is so confused that I fear I may lose my rationality. Dear Father, I trust that as I cling to Jesus and speak openly with you about my life and your grace, I believe you will bless me with your peace and protect my heart and mind from destruction. Thank you, dear Father, for the reminder that even as I struggle with my troubles, I also need to thank you for all the good things you have done to bless my life in my walk with you! In Jesus' name, I pray thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. —Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... True and lasting joy is found in the LORD, not in temporary things, momentary achievements, or fleeting riches. True joy, abiding joy, unconquerable joy is found in knowing that God always...
Replies
0
Views
105
  • Article Article
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. —Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember one of the earliest...
Replies
0
Views
76
  • Article Article
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. —Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
210
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,767
Messages
16,814,829
Members
651,004
Latest member
Snaolorrad

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom