Today's Verse - Philippians 4:12 (KJV)

I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

—Philippians 4:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Contentment! Mmmm, I'd like to have a little of that! How about you? Paul was in prison when he wrote those words. I want the peace and joy from Jesus that assures contentment in any situation! However, I find it hard to be contented about almost anything. My performance is not up to par. My weight isn't where it should be. My words were a little insensitive in the last conversation. No one seems to recognize I am even a part of the conversation. It's easy for me, and also bet for you, to slip into recognizing what we don't have financially and then pursue that instead of thanking God for our blessings. But before money, possessions, health, or any other thing can be truly enjoyed, we first must learn that contentment is not based on our circumstances but on our salvation and the presence of Jesus in our lives and futures.

My Prayer...​


Almighty and generous God, you are the giver of all good gifts, so now I want your help to find my contentment in Jesus. Deep in my heart, I believe no blessing can compare to being your child, lovingly known personally by you, and having my future secure with you in Jesus! I thank you in Jesus' name and look forward to this contentment. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. —Philippians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... True and lasting joy is found in the LORD, not in temporary things, momentary achievements, or fleeting riches. True joy, abiding joy, unconquerable joy is found in knowing that God always...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. —Philippians 1:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. —Philippians 2:3-4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember one of the earliest...
Replies
0
Views
77
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,312
Messages
16,821,119
Members
651,319
Latest member
Yayrandaire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom