Today's Verse - Philippians 1:9-10 (KJV)

And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

—Philippians 1:9-10 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I don't know about you, but my hardest decisions aren't about choosing between good and bad. I usually know what is good and what is bad, especially when bad involves evil. My toughest choices are when I have to choose between good, better, and best. My love for God usually overcomes my weaknesses, and I choose good over bad - or at least recognize good over bad. But unless I've placed myself before God's word and surrendered my heart to him in prayer, asking to be led by the Holy Spirit, I have a very tough time choosing between good, better, and best. In my heart of hearts, I want "to discern what is best" and "be pure and blameless until the day of Christ." Yet I'm convinced that much of what God would love to do through me today often goes lacking because I've settled for good when he longs to lead me to the best, to be the best, and to be the best blessing to others as possible! So, dear friend in Jesus, let's pray this prayer for ourselves and our brothers and sisters in Christ, so we can all be the best of what God is making us to be.

My Prayer...​


Gracious and Almighty God, please teach me your ways and give me your heart as I strive to not only love you, but to know your will, have insight into your ways, and discern what is best. Please guide me to know the best things to do today and the best ways to use my time to live out your will in my work, with my family, among my friends, and before those who do not know Christ as Savior. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. —Philippians 1:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The truth is often as simple as it is sweet - if Jesus is our life, then our lives have no end. In faith, we shared with Jesus in his saving death, burial, and resurrection (1 Corinthians...
Replies
0
Views
104
  • Article Article
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: —Philippians 1:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God finished his work of creating our world in six days. The LORD continues to sustain it with his powerful word...
Replies
0
Views
132
  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
97
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,188
Messages
16,785,198
Members
648,770
Latest member
Rhiumareanian

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom