Today's Verse - John 8:12 (KJV)

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

—John 8:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


After stumbling around in the dark as I watered my yard recently, I decided it wasn't worth the risk, so I found a flashlight so I wouldn't meet any unexpected "critters" as I walked through old dead leaves, stepped in mulch-filled flower beds, and reached through the shrubbery to turn my faucets on and off. (I live in a wooded area with venomous snakes!) However, my joy over a flashlight to light my way at night is nothing compared to finding Jesus. Jesus, "the Light of the world," is also my Light! He illuminates my heart on my darkest nights, my future with his coming glory, my path with his words of truth, and my hope with the dawning of each Sunday and its weekly reminder of Jesus' triumph over the grave. Jesus is my "Light of life": How about you?

My Prayer...​


Father, dear precious and holy God, how can I ever thank you for the Light of my life? Until my face reflects the light of your glory from being in your eternal presence, Jesus will light my way through this dark world. Thank you for sending your Light so I could find your life! I praise and thank you in the name of Jesus, the Light of the world. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
101
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,040
Messages
16,818,054
Members
651,149
Latest member
Toreemoroantel

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom