Today's Verse - John 4:24 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:24 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Without the Holy Spirit living in us, we are not children of God (Romans 8:9). Without the Spirit, the cleansing power of Jesus' sacrifice would not be fully implemented in us (1 Corinthians 10:10-11; Titus 3:3-7). Without the Spirit, we cannot worship God in the ways he wants to be worshiped because God is Spirit. Our worship must be "spirit with Spirit to Spirit" — our spirit joined with the Holy Spirit praising God by the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:1-3) — and done in a way that pleases God according to his will.

My Prayer...​

Holy and Almighty God, I want to be one of your true worshipers. I want to worship you "spirit with Spirit to Spirit." I want to honor you by worshiping you according to your will. I want to honor and celebrate you with all my life and praise. In Jesus' name, O God, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. —John 4:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath. —Mark 4:24-25 (KJV) Thoughts on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom