Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

—John 3:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"Fast away the old year passes..." But we can be new and fresh and clean (cf. 2 Cor. 4:17). Kingdom people are those who have been born fresh and new through the power of the Spirit and the grace of God (cf. John 3:3-7; Titus 3:3-7; John 1:11). So as we close out the old year, with its good things and bad, achievements and failures, successes and disappointments, let's approach the New Year as Kingdom people. God's mercies are new every morning and our lives can be made new everyday by the Holy Spirit who lives in us. Yes, we have been born again. But each sunrise offers us the opportunity to be made new, to live in a fresh new way, as God's grace rekindles our hopes and the Holy Spirit makes us new as we trust in Jesus our Lord.

My Prayer...​


Heavenly Father, you are holy and righteous. I confess that as hard as I have tried and as much as I have wanted to be holy and righteous, without your grace and the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit, I fail. Thank you for your forgiveness. Please make me new. As I stand on the threshold of a new year, please empower me beyond my weaknesses and besetting sins. Open my eyes to your work in the world around me and use me in your work of grace. Fire my passion to live fully for your Kingdom and my King, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Let Us Pray: God every good and perfect gift comes from You. Every blessing comes from You. God, You alone are my most treasured gift. I thank You for saving me from sin and adopting me as Your child. My heart spill over with thankfulness for who You are and all You have done. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Lord. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. —John 3:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Fast away the old year passes..." But we can be new and fresh and clean in Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:17). Kingdom people...
Replies
0
Views
380
  • Article Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Truth is seen in...
Replies
0
Views
90
  • Article Article
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. —2 Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It's amazing to me how Satan knows our personal weaknesses and vulnerabilities - those sins that can especially wound and disable us from the work Christ Jesus...
Replies
0
Views
78
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,742
Messages
16,814,480
Members
650,988
Latest member
Krauhold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom