Today's Verse - Job 37:5 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

Job 37:5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

How does God help us know his will? Clearly, God has given us the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to help us understand those Scriptures. What about more subtle and less defined ways? Most of us have had a "cluster of divine coincidences" — what I call "Godincedences." Many of us have had several events in close proximity to prayer asking for the Spirit's help and guidance. A friend calls or writes at just the right time; we read an article or hear a sermon that has a comment directed at just the area of our concern or confusion; several songs in worship convict us in the area we are seeking the LORD's guidance; or, we simply feel a pull on our conscience that helps us discern right from wrong in a difficult situation. God really means it when he says that if we pray for wisdom without doubting, he will give it to us (James 1:5-6) and that if we truly seek him, we will find him (Matthew Matthew 7:7-8). His voice does thunder and sometimes whispers in marvelous ways!

My Prayer...​

Holy God, please help me discern your will about several important matters in my life. I don't want to make decisions based on my limited human wisdom. Please lead me by your Spirit in the direction you want me to follow and empower me to go there confidently. Thank you for caring about my life enough to show me your way more clearly — whether in thundering or whispering. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

Job 37:5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

How does God help us know his will? Clearly, God has given us the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to help us understand those Scriptures. What about more subtle and less defined ways? Most of us have had a "cluster of divine coincidences" — what I call "Godincedences." Many of us have had several events in close proximity to prayer asking for the Spirit's help and guidance. A friend calls or writes at just the right time; we read an article or hear a sermon that has a comment directed at just the area of our concern or confusion; several songs in worship convict us in the area we are seeking the LORD's guidance; or, we simply feel a pull on our conscience that helps us discern right from wrong in a difficult situation. God really means it when he says that if we pray for wisdom without doubting, he will give it to us (James 1:5-6) and that if we truly seek him, we will find him (Matthew Matthew 7:7-8). His voice does thunder and sometimes whispers in marvelous ways!

My Prayer...​

Holy God, please help me discern your will about several important matters in my life. I don't want to make decisions based on my limited human wisdom. Please lead me by your Spirit in the direction you want me to follow and empower me to go there confidently. Thank you for caring about my life enough to show me your way more clearly — whether in thundering or whispering. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Give us wisdom from heaven to understand Your will for our life o Lord we pray. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. —Galatians 3:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Galatians repeatedly reminds us that no law can make us righteous or save us, not even the Old Testament Law. However, the law (Torah) does...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom