Today's Verse - Isaiah 6:1 (KJV)

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

—Isaiah 6:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We often view difficult times and crises as bad because our circumstances are challenging and confusing. However, difficult times can also be a God-provided opportunity for our hearts to re-awaken to God's steadfastness and our great need for him. Uzziah's death was a horrible crisis for Israel, yet God used this crisis as a providential opportunity for Isaiah and Israel to see the LORD anew in his glorious holiness and faithful lovingkindness. God used this moment in history to call Isaiah into prophetic ministry to Israel, spoke to Israel's crises ahead, and provided hope far beyond the times in which Isaiah ministered. How can God use your crises, hardships, trials, and difficulties? Why don't you ask him to show you what he is calling you to do to bless those around you?

My Prayer...​


Holy God, I confess that I get discouraged enduring hardships. I sometimes wonder where you are and why you have forgotten me. Deep in my heart, dear Father, I know you are there. But sometimes, O God, it is difficult for me to hold onto faith when I don't hear your voice or see you face to face. Please strengthen my heart with your Holy Spirit and help me "see" you in a fresh way so that I will open myself to you and be tuned more perfectly to your will and for your service. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
96
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
88
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,325
Messages
16,821,220
Members
651,327
Latest member
Valoushire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom