Today's Verse - Hebrews 2:18 (KJV)

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

—Hebrews 2:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Jesus was tempted like you and I are! He suffered like we do! God, in his grace, made sure that we had someone in heaven who knew what it was like to face suffering and mortality firsthand. This knowledge is not just through his omniscient wisdom; he also knows us through his shared human experience with us. Jesus guarantees that heaven's knowledge includes human experience in human reality. Aren't you thankful that Jesus knew suffering in mortality so that he now lives to redeem, bless, and ultimately help us face our mortal struggles? I'm sorry he had to suffer; I am thrilled that he stands with me when I do. I'm sorry that Jesus had to be tempted and struggle; I am so thankful he is there to help me when I do!

My Prayer...​


Loving and Almighty God, I know you know me and what is best for me. But Father, I'm even more confident in your care and understanding because Jesus shared in our wrestling match with suffering and mortality. Thank you, Jesus, for pleading my cause at the Father's right hand. I ask for the Father's continued grace in your name, LORD Jesus. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
We are more than conquerors through the Blood of the Lamb. I feel the anointing of the Holy Spirit right here in this place. O Jesus, come and fill our empty souls we pray. Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. —Hebrews 10:35-36 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some tough times come with living. They're inescapable...
Replies
0
Views
84
  • Article Article
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. —Hebrews 10:30-31 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates injustice, unfairness...
Replies
0
Views
85
  • Article Article
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, —Hebrews 12:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... With the example of all the...
Replies
0
Views
122
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,227
Messages
16,820,391
Members
651,274
Latest member
Chritheurford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom