For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live: But seek not Bethel, nor enter into Gilgal, and pass not to Beersheba: for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Bethel shall come to nought.

—Amos 5:4-5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Do you "go to church"? I hope not! Don't get me wrong; I'm not advocating you skip worship and fellowship this Sunday! We're told not to forsake gathering together as believers (Hebrews 10:25). But when we assemble as a body of believers, we gather together for encouragement and meeting with God (1 Corinthians 14). We're not GOING to church; we ARE the church! (The New Testament never used the word church to refer to a building!) God warned his people in Old Testament times that simply going to the places of worship and going through the motions was worthless. As much as they valued these holy places — Bethel, Gilgal, and Beersheba — they needed to seek the LORD to find genuine life! I believe that is precisely what God would have us do. And as we seek him together, we get to share fellowship, comfort, and encouragement with each other. As we do, we discover life with him!

My Prayer...​


Holy and loving Father, as I face this week's struggles, it is comforting to know I am never away from your loving presence. I love those times when I meet with other believers in your presence, and our worship is powerful and encouraging. While I know you are always with us when we gather together, sometimes my heart, life circumstances, and relationship issues derail my awareness of your presence. This week, dear Father, I pray for our worship assembly to be vibrant and powerful. I pray for your presence to be palpably near. I pray that you will be honored by what we do to encourage each other and praise you. Please use this day to draw us near to you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
I am seeking the Lord every single day of my life. I want Him to be the center of my existence. He has sent me here to be a blessing to everyone I see in the street, at the bus station, at the airport and wherever I am.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of ###. —Amos 5:14-15 (KJV) Thoughts...
Replies
0
Views
392
  • Article Article
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. —Romans 12:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Three key realities of our discipleship are belonging, usefulness, and...
Replies
0
Views
109
  • Article Article
Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. —Psalm 68:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I can't help but think of what James...
Replies
0
Views
100
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,268
Messages
16,820,702
Members
651,298
Latest member
Slaeryelmont

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom