Today's Verse - 2 Timothy 1:3 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day.

2 Timothy 1:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Paul is near the end of his life, feeling very alone and facing persecution in a horrible prison. Many of the young men he mentored had left the faith or turned against him. How can Paul give thanks? He speaks of his confidence in his own victorious future with Jesus (2 Timothy 4:6-8) and his confidence and relationship in his beloved son in the faith, Timothy. What makes this special is that he doesn't just give thanks FOR Timothy but also shares his thanksgiving WITH Timothy. He's not content to give thanks to God in prayer. He wants Timothy to realize how precious he is to him as he faces the end of his life. When was the last time you sent a note sharing your thanksgiving to God FOR them and then shared it with them? Don't withhold your blessing another day from someone precious to you. They may urgently need it at this moment in their walk with Jesus.

My Prayer...​

Matchless Father of all grace, thank you! Thank you for every spiritual blessing I have in Christ. Thank you today for the special people who are such a blessing to me in my walk of faith... (Take a minute and say their names before the Father). Help me grow in showing my appreciation and approval of these precious people so they can know what a blessing they are to me. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day.

2 Timothy 1:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Paul is near the end of his life, feeling very alone and facing persecution in a horrible prison. Many of the young men he mentored had left the faith or turned against him. How can Paul give thanks? He speaks of his confidence in his own victorious future with Jesus (2 Timothy 4:6-8) and his confidence and relationship in his beloved son in the faith, Timothy. What makes this special is that he doesn't just give thanks FOR Timothy but also shares his thanksgiving WITH Timothy. He's not content to give thanks to God in prayer. He wants Timothy to realize how precious he is to him as he faces the end of his life. When was the last time you sent a note sharing your thanksgiving to God FOR them and then shared it with them? Don't withhold your blessing another day from someone precious to you. They may urgently need it at this moment in their walk with Jesus.

My Prayer...​

Matchless Father of all grace, thank you! Thank you for every spiritual blessing I have in Christ. Thank you today for the special people who are such a blessing to me in my walk of faith... (Take a minute and say their names before the Father). Help me grow in showing my appreciation and approval of these precious people so they can know what a blessing they are to me. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen! Powerful prayer 🙏

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
f5538d1a359dae38f7aee14c0f3a715f.jpg
I prayed for this in Jesus Name. Amen.

Similar Requests

• Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom