Today's Verse - 1 John 4:18 (KJV)

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

—1 John 4:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told them, "Do not fear, I Am." In the presence of God's holy and all-powerful Son, we don't have to be afraid. Love has reached us and saved us in Jesus. God's grace for us in Jesus and our faith in Jesus have taken away our need for fear. Jesus' sacrifice has made us holy, without fault, and free from any charge against us (Colossians 1:21-22). Our response? Love! We love our Father for who he is, what he has done, and his great sacrifice for us. We also choose to love others as we have been loved because perfect love casts off all fear.

My Prayer...​


Dear Father in heaven, you are holy and glorious. These are things I could never be without your grace, yet you have chosen to give me these blessings through the sacrifice of your Jesus, your Son whom I love. Dear Father, I love you and in Jesus' name, I praise you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What is there to fear since nothing can separate us from the love God has for us in Christ Jesus? (Romans...
Replies
0
Views
245
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
99
  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
84
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,108
Messages
16,819,011
Members
651,183
Latest member
Praidfield

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom