Today's Verse - 1 John 4:18 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told them, "Do not fear, I Am." In the presence of God's holy and all-powerful Son, we don't have to be afraid. Love has reached us and saved us in Jesus. God's grace for us in Jesus and our faith in Jesus have taken away our need for fear. Jesus' sacrifice has made us holy, without fault, and free from any charge against us (Colossians 1:21-22). Our response? Love! We love our Father for who he is, what he has done, and his great sacrifice for us. We also choose to love others as we have been loved because perfect love casts off all fear.

My Prayer...​

Dear Father in heaven, you are holy and glorious. These are things I could never be without your grace, yet you have chosen to give me these blessings through the sacrifice of your Jesus, your Son whom I love. Dear Father, I love you and in Jesus' name, I praise you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. —1 Thessalonians 4:7-8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The call to holiness is easy to ignore in a world that lives by very...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. —Ephesians 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ephesians and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication. —1 Thessalonians 4:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sanctified sounds "churchy" and old-fashioned to many people today. However, sanctified is a powerful God-fashioned word that means to make...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom