Today's Verse - 1 John 2:17 (KJV)

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

—1 John 2:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


So much of what we pursue is fleeting. Once we acquire it, we try to preserve it! Why? Because we know it will soon be gone. God has promised us that just as he is eternal and will live forever, so are those who pursue a relationship with him and are committed to his will. So, let's look at how we spend our time, money, and effort. Then, let's ask if what we are pursuing is really worth having. Now, let's ask one more important question: "Even if it is worth having, is it going to last long enough to make a difference?"

My Prayer...​


Eternal Father, please give me the courage to be honest about what I am pursuing with my life. I want it to count for your cause. I want to make a difference for good. Some of that desire, I confess, is self-serving. However, dear Father, I truly want to have a life that impacts others for good and brings you honor. I don't want to waste my time chasing after things that won't last or matter. Please give me the spiritual wisdom to follow your will and find your life rather than pursue my culture's vain values. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

—1 John 2:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


So much of what we pursue is fleeting. Once we acquire it, we try to preserve it! Why? Because we know it will soon be gone. God has promised us that just as he is eternal and will live forever, so are those who pursue a relationship with him and are committed to his will. So, let's look at how we spend our time, money, and effort. Then, let's ask if what we are pursuing is really worth having. Now, let's ask one more important question: "Even if it is worth having, is it going to last long enough to make a difference?"

My Prayer...​


Eternal Father, please give me the courage to be honest about what I am pursuing with my life. I want it to count for your cause. I want to make a difference for good. Some of that desire, I confess, is self-serving. However, dear Father, I truly want to have a life that impacts others for good and brings you honor. I don't want to waste my time chasing after things that won't last or matter. Please give me the spiritual wisdom to follow your will and find your life rather than pursue my culture's vain values. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen. I have promised the Lord to do His will and obey His word.
 
I do not want to follow the world or get too many things from it. I want to have what Jesus blesses me with. I am satisfied with Jesus, He is everything to me.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
86
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
99
  • Article Article
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. —1 John 5:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This statement is both a reminder of God's glorious grace and also of our need to share that grace with others. Life is such a precious gift; it would be a shame...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,364
Messages
16,821,669
Members
651,342
Latest member
Waessoursin

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom