Today's Verse - 1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

—1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives of those he loves and those who seek to honor Jesus. He is concerned because he knows that even one sinful event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us and hurt those we influence. We need to know that we have a Savior and a defender. This Savior, this Defender, paid the price to redeem us. He sent his Spirit to help us overcome sin's power. He is our intercessor who will speak to the Father and claim that right to forgive us and make us holy and make us his!

My Prayer...​


Father, I'm embarrassed by my weakness and vulnerability to sin. Even in those moments of shame, I'm thankful that Jesus provided me the way back into your holy presence. Jesus, I thank you for coming to my rescue and my defense. I will not let Satan discourage me when I trip, stumble, and fall. Instead, I re-commit myself to live with your character and for your glory. In your name, LORD Jesus, my righteous defender, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

—1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives of those he loves and those who seek to honor Jesus. He is concerned because he knows that even one sinful event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us and hurt those we influence. We need to know that we have a Savior and a defender. This Savior, this Defender, paid the price to redeem us. He sent his Spirit to help us overcome sin's power. He is our intercessor who will speak to the Father and claim that right to forgive us and make us holy and make us his!

My Prayer...​


Father, I'm embarrassed by my weakness and vulnerability to sin. Even in those moments of shame, I'm thankful that Jesus provided me the way back into your holy presence. Jesus, I thank you for coming to my rescue and my defense. I will not let Satan discourage me when I trip, stumble, and fall. Instead, I re-commit myself to live with your character and for your glory. In your name, LORD Jesus, my righteous defender, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all live a holy and pure life before the Lord our God. Sinners will be punished in hells burning fire for ages to come, while the faithful and true will enjoy heaven in the glorious presence of Jesus.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. —Philippians 2:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... While our...
Replies
0
Views
99
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
98
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,715
Messages
16,814,243
Members
650,965
Latest member
Zloriuthor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom