Today's Verse - 1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives of those he loves and those who seek to honor Jesus. He is concerned because he knows that even one sinful event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us and hurt those we influence. We need to know that we have a Savior and a defender. This Savior, this Defender, paid the price to redeem us. He sent his Spirit to help us overcome sin's power. He is our intercessor who will speak to the Father and claim that right to forgive us and make us holy and make us his!

My Prayer...​

Father, I'm embarrassed by my weakness and vulnerability to sin. Even in those moments of shame, I'm thankful that Jesus provided me the way back into your holy presence. Jesus, I thank you for coming to my rescue and my defense. I will not let Satan discourage me when I trip, stumble, and fall. Instead, I re-commit myself to live with your character and for your glory. In your name, LORD Jesus, my righteous defender, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 2:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

John wants to prevent even one sinful event in the lives of those he loves and those who seek to honor Jesus. He is concerned because he knows that even one sinful event can be used by Satan to discourage and defeat us and hurt those we influence. We need to know that we have a Savior and a defender. This Savior, this Defender, paid the price to redeem us. He sent his Spirit to help us overcome sin's power. He is our intercessor who will speak to the Father and claim that right to forgive us and make us holy and make us his!

My Prayer...​

Father, I'm embarrassed by my weakness and vulnerability to sin. Even in those moments of shame, I'm thankful that Jesus provided me the way back into your holy presence. Jesus, I thank you for coming to my rescue and my defense. I will not let Satan discourage me when I trip, stumble, and fall. Instead, I re-commit myself to live with your character and for your glory. In your name, LORD Jesus, my righteous defender, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Let us all live a holy and pure life before the Lord our God. Sinners will be punished in hells burning fire for ages to come, while the faithful and true will enjoy heaven in the glorious presence of Jesus.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. —Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... John's words sound strange in a world afraid to tell the truth about sin, wickedness, and evil. Yet all lost people — people who do not know Jesus and those who claim to follow him...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. —1 John 3:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom