Today's Verse - 1 John 1:9 (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

—1 John 1:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


God is faithful! Scripture declares it. Jesus' life demonstrates it. We've experienced it. We cherish this promise of forgiveness and purification from God, especially when things don't turn out as they should. So when Satan does trip us with temptation, or when we are weak or rebellious, isn't it comforting that we can be forgiven and made clean again? God wants us to call our sin what he calls it. (To "confess" means to "say the same" thing about sin as God does!) Incredibly, God does more than forgive us. He also cleanses us. We are made new, fresh, pure, and holy once again! That is more than being faithful and just; it's his being overwhelmingly gracious.

My Prayer...​


Father, I do not have adequate words to express my appreciation for your gracious forgiveness and cleansing of me. I am grieved over my weaknesses, stumblings, and rebellions. I deeply regret disappointing you. Thank you for welcoming me back into your presence and reminding me that I am your beloved child. Please empower me to grow past my failures and to mature more fully into the holiness of your Son, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. —1 John 1:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We can be forgiven of our sins, all of them, forever. That's great news, but there's even better news. We can be purified of any...
Replies
0
Views
183
  • Article Article
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —1 John 1:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As we seek to please God and trust in his grace, more grace is supplied. As we walk openly...
Replies
0
Views
138
  • Article Article
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: —1 John 2:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same...
Replies
0
Views
83
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,580
Messages
16,812,896
Members
650,890
Latest member
Gaondeinire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom