Today's Verse - 1 John 1:9 (KJV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

—1 John 1:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We can be forgiven of our sins, all of them, forever. That's great news, but there's even better news. We can be purified of any stain or residue from our past sins. You and I can say, "I am forgiven and purified" - pure as if I had never sinned!" That's incredible: not only am I forgiven, but I'm also made clean and new again! Not only can I have a fresh start, but I can also have a clean slate. This gift is ours when we are honest with ourselves and with God by confessing our sins and turning from them. The word "confess" our sins means to share our sins with another believer and call what we've done by the same name God does. We recognize our sin and turn from it! When we do, new life awaits; let's refuse to hesitate!

My Prayer...​


Forgiving Father, please forgive me today of my sins. I confess them to you freely and honestly. I hold nothing back from you. I refuse to rationalize away or dismiss any of those sins. Now, please Father, create in me a pure heart - faithful, forgiving, gracious, and filled with only holy intentions.
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23-24)

In the precious name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —1 John 1:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As we seek to please God and trust in his grace, more grace is supplied. As we walk openly...
Replies
0
Views
136
  • Article Article
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. —1 John 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How do you know God is at home in your heart? It's an important question! You know when you are doing loving...
Replies
0
Views
96
  • Article Article
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. —1 John 5:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This statement is both a reminder of God's glorious grace and also of our need to share that grace with others. Life is such a precious gift; it would be a shame...
Replies
0
Views
85
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,658
Messages
16,790,973
Members
649,234
Latest member
Swothur

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom