Today's Verse - 1 Corinthians 3:3 (KJV)

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

—1 Corinthians 3:3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


The Corinthians boasted in their wisdom, giftedness, and tolerance. Yet this wisdom, gifted, and tolerance were worldly and not holy. No matter how gifted a church, how full of earthly wisdom its leaders may have, or how tolerant they are to other opinions, if the people of that church are caught up in petty arguments, cliquishness, and ugly quarrels, they are immature and worldly. Rather than being a place where Christ is known and shown, their meetings are no more than just a gathering of "mere humans." We are recreated in Christ to be more!
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Ephesians 2:10).
Let's live up to what God has made us to be and not be worldly and "mere humans."

My Prayer...​


Holy and Righteous Father, please humble me gently and call me to repentance when I am jealous, quarrelsome, cliquish, or petty. I know you see me as your beloved child, so I ask for the help of the Holy Spirit for me to be who you have made me to be. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. —1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The Holy Spirit is God's abiding gift, God's seal, our anointing, and...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
111
  • Article Article
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not...
Replies
0
Views
297
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,184
Messages
16,819,886
Members
651,233
Latest member
Gloimond

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom