Today's Verse - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (KJV)

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

—1 Corinthians 13:1-3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Love!
In the days leading up to Valentine's Day, let's remember the real meaning of true love (1 John 4:8-12) and not dilute it with the many sappy expressions of limited human love, oftentimes based in lust rather than genuine love. I am certainly not against expressing our love to others on Valentine's Day, but it can get so sappy, sentimental, and manipulative. Without our motivations centered on why we are expressing love, all "Christian" activities are more motion and commotion than true love. True love is the expression of Christ's sacrificial character through deeds of love offered to others without expecting anything in return (1 John 3:16-18). Let's refuse to get lost in the annual trip down sentimentality lane. Too many of us forget the needed daily dose of love that so often gets lost in the grit of day-to-day relationships. Let's be loving all year-round, showing ourselves to be Jesus' true disciples (John 13:34-35).

My Prayer...​


Loving Heavenly Father, thank you for demonstrating your love for us in Jesus. Help us to love as Jesus did - selflessly, sacrificially, and consistently - so others may know of your love through our actions and not just our words. In Jesus name, and to love as he has loved us, we pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
110
  • Article Article
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil... —1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... True love does not focus on...
Replies
0
Views
285
  • Article Article
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. —1 Corinthians 1:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If people...
Replies
0
Views
143
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,136
Messages
16,796,563
Members
649,684
Latest member
Floawell

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom