The Waiting Room

  • Thread starter Thread starter rlm-1966
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlm-1966

Guest
Today's Encouraging Words

The Waiting Room

12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence. 13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (Psalms 27:12-14)

The waiting room is a place where time stands still! It’s a place where life seems to be put on hold. It’s you when you’re sitting in the doctor’s office, it’s you when you’re waiting on the highway stuck in traffic and it feels like hours have passed, and yet when you look at your watch, it’s only been a few minutes.

One of the important exhortations of the Bible is the call to “wait on the Lord.” We don’t like to wait, especially in this “I want it now” society. But the fact is that most of us are always waiting on something… life is full of waiting. Psalms 52:8-9 says… 8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. 9 I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

The ability to wait on the Lord stems from being confident and focused on who God is and in what God is doing. It means confidence in God’s person: confidence in His wisdom, love, timing, and understanding of our situation and that of the world. It also means knowing and trusting in God’s principles, promises, purposes, and power.

“Trust In Him”

Waiting Strengthens and Enables!

Have A Great God Day!
 
Thank you for these words today. It shows me that I am in wait for God's perfect timing.

Lord, we live in such a fast pace world. Thank you for all the technology we do have. But yet we're not as patient as we should be, when it comes to your perfect timing. Lord, I pray for patience while I wait for you to give me the answer I need for certain things in my life. Thank you for loving me Lord.

In Jesus Name, amen
 
Father God I need Your strength to sustain me more this moment than ever, Lord Jesus please hear me and give me the courage to go on one more day and then another, Father soothe my heart and comfort my soul, I ask that You spread Yourself over my wounds and bring healing to the hurt and pain today. I will wait for You Lord, I ask that You speak to me, talk to me, show me what You want and need from me, please Lord let me hear You speak and give me divine direction and guidance, in Jesus name I pray amen....
 
Rim - Thank you for your encouraging words today. We all need little reminders occasionally. ###
 
You are so welcome. I need to be reminded. I have been up/down.. Amen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

If after waiting on God’s timing, has his plan been truly bigger and better than what you imagined? Or is that just a platitude in your experience? Can you give examples
Replies
10
Views
149
Please pray about this: my family has had a bug problem in our home for the past year or so that started outside our home and moved into it. The landlord sent someone to spray but the bugs started moving to other areas of the house (we're waiting on the person to come spray again but there seem...
Replies
9
Views
122
God, I feel like I am losing my faith in You. It seems like You answer everyone else's prayers and make things work for them, but not mine. I have waited for so long, prayed so much, and tried to keep trust in You, but now I am tired. If You are listening to me, please give me an answer. Show...
Replies
12
Views
187
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,095,048
Messages
16,818,130
Members
651,155
Latest member
Jaulior

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom