'The Stones Would Cheer!' - Luke 19:36-40

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

As [Jesus] rode along, the crowds spread out their garments on the road ahead of him. When he reached the place where the road started down the Mount of Olives, all of his followers began to shout and sing as they walked along, praising God for all the wonderful miracles they had seen. "Blessings on the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven, and glory in highest heaven!" But some of the Pharisees among the crowd said, "Teacher, rebuke your followers for saying things like that!" He replied, "If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!"

Luke 19:36-40 NLT

Key Thought

Isn't it sad that people still get upset when they think folks are too exuberant over the presence of Jesus? Even worse, non-Christian family members of those who come to Christ for salvation often criticize these new Christians for believing great things about Jesus. Little do they know that creation shouts his praise and that the angels of heaven shout out his glory. Let's not let anyone or anything shame us into silence about our glorious Savior.

Today's Prayer

Father, your Son is marvelous, glorious, gracious, and precious to me. I want the world to know that he is not only my Savior but also the Savior of all people. Give me the wisdom to know how best to communicate this truth in each situation in which I find myself. However, dear Father, may my spoken admiration for your Son and my life's witness to his grace never be withheld because I'm afraid of what others may think of me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
tw3eSWU2XrE

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
As [Jesus] rode along, the crowds spread out their garments on the road ahead of him. When he reached the place where the road started down the Mount of Olives, all of his followers began to shout and sing as they walked along, praising God for all the wonderful miracles they had seen. But...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus continued talking about his return,] "Watch out! Don't let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don't let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And just as [the two men from Emmaus] were telling [other disciples in Jerusalem about their encounter with Jesus], Jesus himself was suddenly standing there among them. "Peace be with you," he said. But the whole group was startled and frightened, thinking they were seeing a ghost! "Why are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
By this time [Jesus and the two disciples] were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on, but they begged him, "Stay the night with us, since it is getting late." So he went home with them. As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him. —Luke 21:37-38 NLT Key Thought At this point, Jesus still found eager listeners. His habit during this last...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom