The Devastating Letter - 2kings Chapter 19

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

It was not a good day, threats of war, and the hope of peace seemed dismal, at least for now.

The enemy was knocking at the gate threatening to inflict war if their demands were not met. Reminding Hezekiah that he and his army were no match for their powerhouse army as they had defeated other territorial armies that were far more powerful than his pitiful army. They levied insults and ordered Hezekiah's people not to listen or obey him because he was in no position to protect them.

Suddenly, they left after a litany of threats and insults to Hezekiah. Shortly after that Hezekiah received a devastating and distressing letter from the enemy.

He ran into the temple and spread the letter out before The Lord. He specifically pointed out the insults and the truths in the letter and made his desperate plea to Thee Almighty God.

I believe, like Hezekiah, many of us have received a distressing or devastating letter, a deadly report, or a shocking notice. Flabbergasted, and bewildered, our minds race a thousand miles per second as we ponder what we should do if we receive such devastating news or worse.

Hezekiah may have panicked for a moment, but he instantly collected himself and knew there was only one thing he could rely on, the goodness of God. Like Hezekiah, let's run to the church, the physical man-made church, for I believe, that's where he ran to. Or, let's have church in our room, kneel at the side of our bed, spread out our devastating letter or notice before The Lord and seek him for His merciful and powerful divine help.

Let's trust God for all things, let's believe in His goodness and mercy and never-ending love for us. I vaguely remember a pastor saying, We should trust God just like we trust our doctor. I pondered that concept, and for me, it made how to understand trusting in God simpler. We certainly do trust our doctor to give us the right diagnosis, the right medication, and especially if we are facing major surgery we trust him to do everything right to keep us alive. So then, we trust God above ALL. I Am reminded of a little jingle I learned in summer bible school that goes something like this, My God is so big, so strong and so mighty there's nothing my God can not do.

Let Everything That Has Breath PRAISE THE LORD!

praise the Lord! i needed htis oo bad so bad of ri ha dpanichked for a moment even hesitant to ask for prayer.. i nee dhelaign form type 1 diabetes and othe rhelath issues. the Lord was helaign me so much but i msut admit i keep slippign up eatign food nto good for me.. i really need helaign and os doe s my grandma who has been bedriddenf or years having similar condition. i needed to read htis htnka you. Lor dpleas heal us and all those in nee dof helaign or help. thank yuiou Lord.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
I would like to say that spiritual growth is not about suppressing who you are but discovering your true identity in Christ. Sometimes, I find myself studying the Word of God. It said: Lord, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Biological & Chemical Attack From Within MARCH 16, 2024 3:09 PM JONATHAN THEIBEN Today I was checking Facebook for anything new about the April 8th eclipse when I came across this video see link below youtube.com/live/DCOZOOO4SUY?si=jMH1TolJTbqqP1rR It talks about a Biological Attack “Drill”...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Exodus 27–28,Matthew 21:1–22 In humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3–4 Humility is difficult, and can be inconvenient. As I queued to enter the Church of the Nativity in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Bible in a Year : Deuteronomy 30–31 , Mark 15:1–25 I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them! Numbers 11:29 When I joined a group of Christian children’s book authors who prayed for one another and helped spread the word about each other’s...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A wonderful choir of God is made us of many voices, it could be yours and others who come to church to join is in praise and adoration to God almighty. It is just like in heaven above, all angels, cherubims and zeraphims along with all the prophets of old and the saints who have gone up before...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom