The Anointing

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.

1 John 2:20-21 NIV

Key Thought

Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit, whom he called the Comforter (or Counselor or Advocate, depending on the translation), would come and lead us into all truth (John 16:13). The Spirit, who inspired the writing of the Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16-17), is alive in us and helps us know, understand, discern, and live God's truth (1 Corinthians 2:10-16; Romans 8:13-14). The Spirit of the living God lives in us and is at work in us — in me and in you! So each of us needs to ask oneself if we are inviting the Holy Spirit into our lives to help us know, understand, discern, and live God's truth. Am I yielding to the Spirit and am I in the word of God seeking to be informed and transformed by the Holy Spirit? Am I asking the Holy Spirit to filter, correct, challenge, and redeem what I think, read, hear, see, and do? Rather than succumbing to the lie that all truth is subjective, let's subject what we think, read, hear, see, and do to the Spirit of truth!

Today's Prayer

O Father, I join my heart with the words of your servant David, who said: "Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Please transform my thinking and my living by your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.
The quotation in the prayer is from Psalm 139:23-24.

Ⓒ 1996-2019 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. The Thoughts and Prayer for God's Holy Fire are written by Phil Ware.
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide.

Scripture quotations marked MESSAGE are taken from THE MESSAGE, copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. Represented by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

z4IZzEJActI

Continue reading...

No lie comes from the truth. Jesus is the Truth of our life and we must stick to the Truth that comes from heaven. True anointing from God is to love Him more than anything in this world.

We all need the holy presence of Jesus in our life. He is the center of all joy. Come to Him just as you are. He will fill you with His spirit and joy and happiness will fill your heart with joy.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Jesus said,] "All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, 'The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'" —John 16:15 NLT Key Thought The source of our truth is God. His Spirit of truth will tell us everything he has received from the Son and make it clear to us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "So let me say it again, this truth: It's better for you that I leave. If I don't leave, the Friend won't come. But if I go, I'll send him to you." —John 16:7 MESSAGE Key Thought Many of us have often longed to have been alive and seen Jesus as he ministered and taught while on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if God himself has taken up residence in your life, you can hardly be thinking more of yourself than of him. Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won't know what we're talking about. —Romans 8:9 MESSAGE Key Thought God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[God said,] "I'll give you [my people in Babylonian captivity] a new heart. I'll put a new Spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said,] "I will talk to the Father, and he'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take him in because it doesn't have eyes to see him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know him already...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Top Bottom