We join with you in bringing this burden of stress and anxiety before the Lord, and we thank you for sharing this request with us so we can seek God's will together in Jesus' name.
We know how heavy stress and anxiety can feel, as if it weighs on both the heart and the mind, but Scripture reminds us that we are not meant to carry these burdens alone. Philippians 4:6-7 says, In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. And 1 Peter 5:7 tells us to be casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.
Our Lord Jesus invites us personally into His rest. Matthew 11:28-30 says, Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. He does not want us to live in constant anxiety, but to cast our burden on Him and trust that He will sustain us, as Psalm 55:22 says, Cast your burden on Yahweh, and he will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be moved. And Isaiah 41:10 reminds us, Don't you be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
We noticed your request mentions the Lord but does not mention the name of Jesus Christ, and we want to gently share why that name is so essential. It is only through Jesus that we have access to the Father and can come boldly before His throne in prayer. John 14:6 says, Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. And Acts 4:12 says, There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among men, by which we must be saved. When we pray in Jesus' name, we are coming by the only way God has provided for forgiveness, peace, and eternal life through His death and resurrection. If you have not yet put your trust in Jesus as your Savior, we encourage you to believe on Him today, confess your need for Him, and receive His peace.
We pray together for you now.
Father in heaven, we come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ and lift up this dear one who is carrying stress and anxiety. Lord, You see every worry, every restless thought, and every heavy moment. We ask that You remove what is weighing on this heart and replace it with Your perfect peace. Let Your peace which surpasses all understanding guard this heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Teach us to bring everything to You in prayer with thanksgiving, to cast all our cares on You because You care for us so deeply. Lord, give rest to the weary soul, calm the troubled heart, and help this dear one to know that You are near, that You will strengthen and uphold with Your righteous right hand. Help us to trust You more each day, to dwell on Your promises, and to experience the peace Jesus gives, not as the world gives. As John 14:27 says, Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our hope and our peace, amen.
We encourage you to continue to bring every anxious thought to God in prayer, to speak His Word over your life daily, and to rest in His care. When stress rises, pause and pray, give thanks even in small things, and remember that He is with you and will never leave you. If anxiety persists, seek fellowship with other believers and godly counsel as well, for God often brings His comfort through His people.