Nobody is reading this thread right now.

4204-large.jpg

We AREN'T enough, but He is. It is the goodness of the Lord that brings us nose-to-nose with our desperate need for Him.

This is what the LORD says:

"Stand at the crossroads and look;
6x2spacer.gif
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
6x2spacer.gif
and you will find rest for your souls."

(Jeremiah6:16)

Did you know it's okay to start over?

To realize that we've missed the boat, you don't need to keep trying to correct a wobbly course, but you can go alllllll the way right back to the beginning?

To go back to the crossroads and look.

To get a fresh start.

Again!

A couple of years ago, I spent a few days with five other mothers away at a cabin. The purpose of the trip was entirely unrelated to what God pressed on my heart those few rich days, but He knew what I needed most.

Motherhood and life with a husband in a demanding school schedule had wearied me to the bone. I was still smiling, outside, but inside I always felt tired. Insufficient. Like I just couldn't reach around.

In my mind, I'd whisper "So why try?"

But the days with those other mothers were an IV drip of courage — moment-by-moment reminders that we all live a REAL life, not a perfect Instagram® one.

Each mother at my getaway had real muscle and wisdom gained by raising her unique children. They each had a powerful perspective of hope to offer me. It was a moment to embrace that our children bring us to our knees, and consequently face to face with our own neediness before the Lord.

We AREN'T enough, but He is.

It is the goodness of the Lord that brings us nose-to-nose with our desperate need for Him.

melissa_middle.jpg

It is the lavish kindness of God that He gives us fresh mornings, with new mercies to try again. A clean slate every day.

It is the gentleness of God that helps us start over, turn around and head back to the starting line, to start fresh.

Each lap around the track, we learn.

We build muscle.

We gain experience.

We remember what we learned last time.

We find practice isn't a punishment, and that beginning again makes us stronger.

We had a fresh fall of snow during the night, and the sunshine is flooding our kitchen window. My breakfast dishwasher is starting over again, with fresh instructions on how to get the dishes completely clean.

melissa_final.jpg

You see, the lessons the Lord is teaching us are also for our children. So we can reach out and hold their hand, and say, "Me too. I learning, just like you!"

This is child training at its core, holding hands and reaching for the Lord together. "This is the way. Walk in it."

And if we are listening, God gently whispers, "and you will find rest for your souls."

About the author: Melissa Troyer is a stay at home mom with five beautiful children who keep her busy and constantly remind her to get down on her knees, both to laugh with them and to pray for them. Melissa is happily married to the love of her life, Daniel, who is currently studying full time to become a Physician's Assistant.

Melissa has learned to lean against the Father in seasons of loss and to dance through the dust in times where hope is renewed. She is passionate about worshipping in each season and often finds herself weaving words encouraging others to do the same. You can find her on Instagram and Facebook. You can find more of her writing on her blog, listed below:eek:r at her blog:

Continue reading...

Jesus will help anyone who trust His word to start all over after a nasty divorce and settlement. A broken heart, dissapointed life and loveless existence is gone for now. Jesus will mend our hearts and change our attitude toward our future on earth. We live such a short time on this planet and we should set our eyes on Jesus and our future in heaven. It is so true. Heaven and earth shall pass away but My words will not pass away. Jesus was right. Everything we see around is passing away but His word written down in our hearts will not pass away.

The past is gone and will never come back again. So, if you went through a hard time, forget those things that made you unhappy. Start loving Jesus with all your heart, mind and soul. He will show you the way in which you will reach heaven. Over yonder, there will be no more pain, no more sorrow. Jesus Himself will wipe away the tears of your eyes.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Parenting teens is one of the best, hardest, most growing things I've ever done. "Marriage will show you your true selfishness," they said. So I braced myself, but the blow never came. Marriage quickly became a haven I had never dreamed possible. "Parenting," then, because they said, "it's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He grasps those little moments so well. Pulls the kids close, chooses to go play frisbee or a game of Uno, just because. "It's in the little moments," Daniel whispered to me last week after playing an impromptu game of Kick the Can with the kids. I nodded, having seen him live this out a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain. Should we be thankful just because God wants us to? Maybe we should let Him transform the way we view His wishes and learn to view them as an invitation to experience His mysterious blessings in hard times and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God is inviting us to grow, to let Him cultivate deep and unseen yet intimate connection through those 'barren Within a week's time, our world snapped into fall. The garden is taking one last breath as it bursts with dahlias in corals and reds. Subconsciously, I reach for my orange...
Replies
Views
  • Article
It is the glory of God to unveil His mysterious ways to us, one day, one garden at a time. I grew up a city kid, always a short commute from a major trauma center when my dad could quickly get to the operating room if his beeper went off. That telltale beeping always filled me with...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom