It's the Little Moments

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

4360-large.jpg

He grasps those little moments so well. Pulls the kids close, chooses to go play frisbee or a game of Uno, just because.

Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is (Ephesians 5:15-16 NRSV).

"It's in the little moments," Daniel whispered to me last week after playing an impromptu game of Kick the Can with the kids. I nodded, having seen him live this out a million times.

He grasps those little moments so well. Pulls the kids close, chooses to go play frisbee or a game of Uno, just because.

We have eight-and-a-half months left of school, and there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

But part of me wants to hold my breath, hibernate the long months away, and get past this hard season.

But these little moments are for living... for making the most of, for gathering joy.

The four-year-old just sleepily joined me on the couch, wrapped in a soft cuddle blanket. He grabs a book with only a few pages of pictures, and he flips through it for a minute till he gets bored. His warm hand finds the soft spot on my neck that he’s addicted to. I capture the joy and tuck it deep into my pocket.

There are joys to discover everywhere, even in hard seasons, in winter months, in times of being far from loved ones.

It's these little moments where we gather joy, where our roots grow deep, where we cultivate a heart that can hear our Father whispering His promises.

It's the little moments!

Join me today in capturing #littlemoments on Instagram.

Tag me over there, and I’ll share yours, too!

KeyQUote:

About the author: Melissa Troyer is a stay at home mom with five beautiful children who keep her busy and constantly remind her to get down on her knees, both to laugh with them and to pray for them. Melissa is happily married to the love of her life, Daniel, who is currently studying full time to become a Physician's Assistant.

Melissa has learned to lean against the Father in seasons of loss and to dance through the dust in times where hope is renewed. She is passionate about worshipping in each season and often finds herself weaving words encouraging others to do the same. You can find her on Instagram and Facebook. You can find more of her writing on her blog, listed below:eek:r at her blog:

Continue reading...

4360-large.jpg

"It's in the little moments," Daniel whispered to me last week after playing an impromptu game of Kick the Can with the kids. I nodded, having seen him live this out a million times.

We have eight-and-a-half months left of school, and there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

But part of me wants to hold my breath, hibernate the long months away, and get past this hard season.

But these little moments are for living... for making the most of, for gathering joy.

The four-year-old just sleepily joined me on the couch, wrapped in a soft cuddle blanket. He grabs a book with only a few pages of pictures, and he flips through it for a minute till he gets bored. His warm hand finds the soft spot on my neck that he’s addicted to. I capture the joy and tuck it deep into my pocket.

There are joys to discover everywhere, even in hard seasons, in winter months, in times of being far from loved ones.

It's these little moments where we gather joy, where our roots grow deep, where we cultivate a heart that can hear our Father whispering His promises.

It's the little moments!

KeyQUote:

About the author: Melissa Troyer is a stay at home mom with five beautiful children who keep her busy and constantly remind her to get down on her knees, both to laugh with them and to pray for them. Melissa is happily married to the love of her life, Daniel, who is currently studying full time to become a Physician's Assistant.

Melissa has learned to lean against the Father in seasons of loss and to dance through the dust in times where hope is renewed. She is passionate about worshipping in each season and often finds herself weaving words encouraging others to do the same. You can find her on Instagram and Facebook. You can find more of her writing on her blog, listed below:eek:r at her blog:

Continue reading...
God bless those famlies that love their children and teach them Gods word and show them the way to heaven.

4360-large.jpg

It's the little moments!

KeyQUote:

Continue reading...
Amen🕊️

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
The vast needs that spread wide before us? They are already in His hands. I lay back on to the concrete and stretched my arms wide out the side. Houston's night air became shockingly fickle at times, and the darkness lent an edge to the air. Cicadas' throaty songs of the day had lulled...
Replies
Views
Praise the Lord for all the overflowing blessings these few months. Thank you for providing happy moments and time spent with my love one. I am super blessed for the experience going to places. You have provided my that I have not experience before. Thank you Lord. Pray for travelling mercy for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Parenting teens is one of the best, hardest, most growing things I've ever done. "Marriage will show you your true selfishness," they said. So I braced myself, but the blow never came. Marriage quickly became a haven I had never dreamed possible. "Parenting," then, because they said, "it's...
Replies
Views
All my life I thought I was nothing, i meant nothing to nobody l. Until, one day voice whispered in my ear and said came to me I love you my child and I will protect you. Them words came when I was running away from abuse from my brother at 12. I never forgot them words. They have stuck with me...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain. Should we be thankful just because God wants us to? Maybe we should let Him transform the way we view His wishes and learn to view them as an invitation to experience His mysterious blessings in hard times and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom