In Everything Give Thanks... in EVERYTHING!

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

4349-large.jpg

And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Should we be thankful just because God wants us to?

Maybe we should let Him transform the way we view His wishes and learn to view them as an invitation to experience His mysterious blessings in hard times and places — view them as opportunities to find gifts we could easily have missed.

Choosing gratitude and thankfulness when life isn't easy is powerful:

• Instead of glaring at the hard things, we hunt out beauty.

• Instead of resenting our husband's long hours, we can tell our children how blessed they are to have a daddy who works hard but loves most when his shifts are over, and he comes back home, tired but delighted to see us.

• Instead of sulking about unfinished houses or projects, we can grow flowers and cultivate a culture in our home that is welcoming and joyful- even mid-process.

Our kitchen remodel taught me that years ago. Our kitchen was SO bad when we bought this house that the listing agent didn't even post photos of it. It truly was the black hole of the house — with toenailed, mismatched cabinets, countertops cobbled together, and heavy drawers that smashed fingers far too often.

Our roof and siding were much more pressing needs. So I told Daniel, "I won't complain about the kitchen," knowing full well it would be years till it reached the top priority on his "to-do" list.

God held a finger to my lips and whispered, "Really? No complaints!"

I gulped and nodded.

In those following years, as I smashed fingers and glared at annoying kitchen features, God held my tongue. And then one day, the old kitchen gave way to a new, lovely one. A well-waited, long-anticipated space for me to use to host and serve.

But the real project wasn't over. I had just begun discovering the power of thankfulness in hard seasons. Daniel began school, and once again God invited me into a powerful journey of acknowledging the hard but focusing on the beautiful moments.

"I won't complain," I said again. This time I knew what I was signing up for.

It was much like that moment on the Honduran mountainside as we buried Issac (my brother who tragically drowned) when God whispered, "But will you worship?" And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain.

It's that peace that makes no human sense.

Choosing to be thankful isn't denying the hard moments. It's acknowledging God IN those hard places.

Finding things to be grateful for in the saltiest seasons carves DEEP examples for our children to follow. It shows them HOW to live well. How to develop GENUINE character. It shifts the focus from our hard to His STRENGTH.

Once again, following God's ways isn't suppression but a lovely invitation to live life with deeper delight than we ever imagined — not just finding God in the good but in the hard as well.

What are you grateful for today? I'd love to see your comments below with one thing you are grateful for today.

About the author: Melissa Troyer is a stay at home mom with five beautiful children who keep her busy and constantly remind her to get down on her knees, both to laugh with them and to pray for them. Melissa is happily married to the love of her life, Daniel, who is currently studying full time to become a Physician's Assistant.

Melissa has learned to lean against the Father in seasons of loss and to dance through the dust in times where hope is renewed. She is passionate about worshipping in each season and often finds herself weaving words encouraging others to do the same. You can find her on Instagram and Facebook. You can find more of her writing on her blog, listed below:eek:r at her blog:

Continue reading...

4349-large.jpg

And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain.

Should we be thankful just because God wants us to?

Maybe we should let Him transform the way we view His wishes and learn to view them as an invitation to experience His mysterious blessings in hard times and places — view them as opportunities to find gifts we could easily have missed.

Choosing gratitude and thankfulness when life isn't easy is powerful:

• Instead of glaring at the hard things, we hunt out beauty.
    • Instead of resenting our husband's long hours, we can tell our children how blessed they are to have a daddy who works hard but loves most when his shifts are over, and he comes back home, tired but delighted to see us.
    • Instead of sulking about unfinished houses or projects, we can grow flowers and cultivate a culture in our home that is welcoming and joyful- even mid-process.

Our kitchen remodel taught me that years ago. Our kitchen was SO bad when we bought this house that the listing agent didn't even post photos of it. It truly was the black hole of the house — with toenailed, mismatched cabinets, countertops cobbled together, and heavy drawers that smashed fingers far too often.

Our roof and siding were much more pressing needs. So I told Daniel, "I won't complain about the kitchen," knowing full well it would be years till it reached the top priority on his "to-do" list.

God held a finger to my lips and whispered, "Really? No complaints!"

I gulped and nodded.

In those following years, as I smashed fingers and glared at annoying kitchen features, God held my tongue. And then one day, the old kitchen gave way to a new, lovely one. A well-waited, long-anticipated space for me to use to host and serve.

But the real project wasn't over. I had just begun discovering the power of thankfulness in hard seasons. Daniel began school, and once again God invited me into a powerful journey of acknowledging the hard but focusing on the beautiful moments.

"I won't complain," I said again. This time I knew what I was signing up for.

It was much like that moment on the Honduran mountainside as we buried Issac (my brother who tragically drowned) when God whispered, "But will you worship?" And there I began hunting out places of worship through tears of joy in pain.

It's that peace that makes no human sense.

Choosing to be thankful isn't denying the hard moments. It's acknowledging God IN those hard places.

Finding things to be grateful for in the saltiest seasons carves DEEP examples for our children to follow. It shows them HOW to live well. How to develop GENUINE character. It shifts the focus from our hard to His STRENGTH.

Once again, following God's ways isn't suppression but a lovely invitation to live life with deeper delight than we ever imagined — not just finding God in the good but in the hard as well.

What are you grateful for today? I'd love to see your comments below with one thing you are grateful for today.

About the author: Melissa Troyer is a stay at home mom with five beautiful children who keep her busy and constantly remind her to get down on her knees, both to laugh with them and to pray for them. Melissa is happily married to the love of her life, Daniel, who is currently studying full time to become a Physician's Assistant.

Melissa has learned to lean against the Father in seasons of loss and to dance through the dust in times where hope is renewed. She is passionate about worshipping in each season and often finds herself weaving words encouraging others to do the same. You can find her on Instagram and Facebook. You can find more of her writing on her blog, listed below:eek:r at her blog:

Continue reading...
Thank you Lord Jesus for life to praise, honor and glorify Thy name. For saving grace and the Blood of Jesus shed on Calvarys cross. Thank you for opening the gates of heaven so we can enter in and live with God forever and ever. Amen

I WAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR HSV-2 A FEW MONTHS AGO.
At first, Yes i was devastated thinking i have an incurable STD for life. After doing hours of research i quickly realized genital herpes is a filthy parasite that just likes to hide in your body. Yes, There’s no “medical cure” but that doesn’t mean your body can’t get rid of it. I literally flush it out of my system with the help of Doctor Timothy, A natural herbal medicine which i ordered after doing some research. And now I’m HSV-2 negative, I never believed it until my doctor finally gave me the test results and behold i was HSV-2 free. I’m so glad that i found you, Doctor Timothy. Thanks so much for your goodness I’m grateful. You can also get your help from him through his
website Good Health Herbal Foundation - GOOD HEALTH HERBAL FOUNDATION.. or email goodhealthherbalfoundation1@gmail.com for quick response.

Thank you Lord Jesus for life to praise, honor and glorify Thy name. For saving grace and the Blood of Jesus shed on Calvarys cross. Thank you for opening the gates of heaven so we can enter in and live with God forever and ever. Amen
Jesus has blessed us with untold blessings that we forget to praise and honor His holy name. First, He saved us, second, He opened the gates of heaven for us to enter in. Third. He is waiting for you and for me at the gates of heaven.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Parenting teens is one of the best, hardest, most growing things I've ever done. "Marriage will show you your true selfishness," they said. So I braced myself, but the blow never came. Marriage quickly became a haven I had never dreamed possible. "Parenting," then, because they said, "it's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He grasps those little moments so well. Pulls the kids close, chooses to go play frisbee or a game of Uno, just because. "It's in the little moments," Daniel whispered to me last week after playing an impromptu game of Kick the Can with the kids. I nodded, having seen him live this out a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The vast needs that spread wide before us? They are already in His hands. I lay back on to the concrete and stretched my arms wide out the side. Houston's night air became shockingly fickle at times, and the darkness lent an edge to the air. Cicadas' throaty songs of the day had lulled...
Replies
Views
  • Article
God is inviting us to grow, to let Him cultivate deep and unseen yet intimate connection through those 'barren Within a week's time, our world snapped into fall. The garden is taking one last breath as it bursts with dahlias in corals and reds. Subconsciously, I reach for my orange...
Replies
Views
Please continue to pray for my boyfriend and me. He’s having an emotional affair but having a hard time coming to terms with acknowledging that. He needs Jesus. It feels like a spiritual attack. I could be wrong, but it feels scary. He’s apologized for his actions and how the relationship with...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom