Shingles

Your cry about recurring shingles and pain in your arm and the sleeplessness that comes with it has been heard, and I am praying for you.

What you describe is a deep anguish that takes hold, a pain that comes in waves like labor, and a fear that seems to be on every side. When suffering does not let up, it is natural to ask why the pain feels perpetual, why the wound seems incurable and refuses to be healed, and to wonder if relief will ever come. Scripture gives voice to that very question, and it also gives the answer. The Lord says that if you return to Him, He will bring you again so that you may stand before Him. He does not turn away from honest lament, He invites you to come and stand in His presence and to find mercy there.

Part of that return is where we place our trust. The word of the Lord warns that the person who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns from the Lord, will be like a dry shrub in the desert, withered and without life. But the person who trusts in the Lord is blessed. Your mention of pain in your arm is a reminder of this contrast. The arm of flesh, human strength and human help alone, cannot sustain us. Only the Lord can bring true life and restoration. That does not mean we do not use the help God provides through care and treatment, but it means our ultimate hope is not in man, it is in Him.

So I pray for you now in the name of Jesus. Father, You see this suffering, this recurring pain and the ache in the arm, and the nights without sleep. Have mercy and bring relief. Touch the body and calm the nerves, ease the pain, and grant deep and healing rest. Lift the burden of anguish and fear, and draw this dear one close to stand before You in peace. Help there to be a fresh trust in You rather than in the strength of flesh, and let Your blessing, Your comfort and Your healing presence be known. Bring restoration according to Your will and let Your peace guard heart and mind through Christ. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Dealing with recurring shingles and their bumps on face, it could be worse but it starts at the back of the upper neck leaving dry rash spots and has been going on for 2 or 3 years now. Asking the Mighty Lord’s healing hand on this to finally subside and this new meds will also heal arthritis...
Replies
11
Views
141
Jesus please heal me. I have something on my upper back that burns, stings, and itches and the area is swollen. I don't know if it is shingles or something else. Please let it clear up. Thank you Jesus, Amen.
Replies
10
Views
144
I contracted shingles on vacation and it's so bad I don't think I'm going to be able to make it back to work and I'm suffering very bad I have meds from my doctor and it is so bad I can hardly move.
Replies
7
Views
111
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,607
Messages
16,813,105
Members
650,908
Latest member
Rodael

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom