'Shine Like the Sun' - Matthew 13:40-43

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus continued his explanation of the parable of the weeds:] "Just as the weeds are sorted out and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the world. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will remove from his Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in their Father's Kingdom. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!"

Matthew 13:40-43 NLT

Key Thought​

While it is not popular in today's religious culture, Jesus does have a closing time, a time to settle accounts and judge us based on how we've lived our lives. What we do with our discipleship matters. Those who do not receive Jesus' message and do not live a life of righteousness, but instead choose to do evil and harm others, will be left outside his Kingdom and face eternal punishment. On the other hand, Jesus' disciples will be like the sun — not just any star, but like the brightest one we have ever seen. They will share in the glory of their Savior and live with him forever in eternal joy.

Today's Prayer​

Father, help my light to shine so others will see your glory and grace. Help me invest myself in others to bring them to you so they can receive your grace and mercy. In my own life, I want to be wholly dedicated to you and live your righteousness! In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2021 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
h6dFLIZiqn8

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, "Come, follow me." —John 1:43 NLT Key Thought Jesus found Philip in Galilee. Philip, at his best, was a practical and sensible man.[1] At his worst, Philip was earth-bound and without imagination.[2] Yet Jesus saw...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of [John the Baptizer's disciples] who heard what John said and then followed Jesus. Andrew went to find his brother, Simon, and told him, "We have found the Messiah" (which means "Christ"). —John 1:40-41 NLT Key Thought Did you notice the first thing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus replied [to the woman at Jacob's well], "Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life." —John 4:13-14 NLT Key Thought So often, we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Jesus said to Nicodemus,] "Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.'" —John 3:6-7 NLT Key Thought Not religious practice. Not religious accomplishment. Not religious titles. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[About Jesus, John the Baptizer said,] "He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." —John 3:30 NLT Key Thought Want to be great? Want to do something great? Want to be great for God? Want to be a blessing for others in Jesus' name? Then live so that others will know...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom