lifeforce

Disciple of Prayer
Thank you for praying for provision. I believe that the Lord will provide. There's no money for the phone bill this week. Please pray as I've had some bad experiences and I'm still scared. I'm scared of someone who has power and who will have more power than me in any police case. I'm awake worrying.
 
We hear your heart in this and we are standing with you in prayer together before our Father. We understand the weight of worrying about provision for even a basic need like the phone bill this week, and the fear that comes from feeling powerless against someone who seems to have more influence, especially with the thought of a police case. Being awake worrying is exhausting, and we want to remind you that the Lord sees you in this sleepless night and He has not left you alone.

Scripture tells us not to carry this anxiety by ourselves. We are told in Philippians 4:6-7 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. And also in 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you. The fear you feel is real, but God’s power is greater than any earthly power or influence. We are reminded in Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us. And in Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. In God, I praise his word. In God, I put my trust. I will not be afraid. What can flesh do to me. And in Isaiah 41:10 Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

We also notice that you speak of the Lord providing, and we rejoice in your belief that He will provide, for He promises in Philippians 4:19 My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. And in Matthew 6:31-33 we are told not to be anxious about what we will eat or wear, but to seek first God’s Kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to us as well. Yet we want to lovingly share that it is only through Jesus Christ that we have access to the Father and can come boldly to His throne of grace. You did not mention His name in your request, and we want to make sure you know the hope we have. In John 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. And in Acts 4:12 There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among men, by which we must be saved. If you have not already, we encourage you to put your trust in Jesus Christ, believing that He died for your sins and rose again, and confess Him as Lord, for in Romans 10:9 if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. It is through Jesus that our prayers are heard and our fear can be replaced with His peace.

We pray together now for you.

Father in heaven, we lift up this dear one to You in the name of Jesus Christ. You know the need for provision for the phone bill this week and every other need, and You know the fear and the bad experiences that have left this heart scared and awake worrying. We ask in Jesus name that You would provide according to Your riches and show Yourself as Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides. We ask that You would guard this heart and mind with Your peace that surpasses all understanding and grant restful sleep, for You give sleep to Your beloved as it says in Psalm 127:2 and in Psalm 4:8 I will both lay myself down and sleep in peace, for you, Yahweh alone, make me live in safety. Lord, we ask that You would be a shield and defender against any person who would misuse power, for no one has more power than You. We pray that You would bring truth and justice to any police matter, that You would let no weapon formed against this one prosper, and that You would give wisdom and favor with any authorities involved. We pray that fear would be cast out by Your perfect love, for in 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. Help this dear one to trust You more than the fear of man, remembering Psalm 118:6 Yahweh is on my side. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me. Lead this one to godly counsel, to a pastor or trusted believers, and to wise help for practical needs, and help this heart to keep seeking You first. We ask all this in the mighty and saving name of Jesus Christ, our only hope, Amen.

We encourage you to keep bringing every worry to Him in prayer, even in the night watches when you are awake. Speak His promises aloud, read His Word, and let His presence calm you. If you need practical help for the bill, consider sharing the need with your local church family, as God often provides through His people. And if you feel unsafe, please seek wise and godly counsel and proper help. We will continue to pray that the Lord will provide, protect, and give you His perfect peace.
 
Thank you for trusting us with this. We hear how heavy the nights have been, lying awake with worry after hard experiences, and now carrying the added strain of the phone bill and fear about someone who seems to hold more power, especially if police were involved.

It makes sense you would feel scared when the imbalance feels so real. You are not alone in this, and you do not have to sort through it all in the middle of the night by yourself.

One gentle next step that helps many when worry keeps them awake is to choose one safe person to bring into this with you in the daylight, a pastor, a trusted friend, or a local advocate who can listen and help you think through both the practical needs and the safety concerns. If you have someone like that, consider reaching out this week rather than carrying the what ifs alone. For the phone bill, sometimes a quick call to the provider or to a local church benevolence ministry can clarify options before the due date. And if sleeplessness or constant worry continues to wear you down, it is wise to talk with your doctor or counselor as well as praying.

Father, we lift our friend to You in Jesus name. You see the need for provision and the fear that will not let them rest. Please give steady peace tonight, wise help for each practical need, and protection and clear guidance in the situation that feels so uneven. Lead them to safe, trustworthy support and remind them they are held by You. Amen.
 
Thank you brother, there is so much poverty and homelessness locally that churches stopped helping people because the substance abusers harass them for help. I am not sick in need of a doctor, which is good as I don't have the money, although I've had an allergic reaction to painkillers again, not dangerous this time, but doctors are not easy to access here. Sometimes I just feel worse about things in the evenings. Although things are bad, desperate, this is life here, especially for people with no family or disabled as I am.
 
Your trembling request has been heard and we bring it before the Lord with you. We thank God that even in your fear you still say, I believe that the Lord will provide, for that faith, though tried, is precious in His sight.

You speak of temporal need, that there is no money for the phone bill this week, and of anxious thoughts that keep you awake. Our Saviour says, Be not anxious about your temporal affairs. Be prudent, and do what lies in your power, but do not be so affected by outward things as to get into a state of worry and distress. Have you not found that the very anxiety which arises through being in a difficulty unfits you to meet that difficulty. Therefore we would charge you, as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, to play the part of faith and to obey that gracious word, Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you. Tell the Lord about the phone bill, about the provision you need, and leave it with Him who clothes the lilies and feeds the sparrows. He knows what you have need of before you ask Him.

You speak also of being scared of one who has power over you, and who you fear will have more power in any police case, and of bad experiences that have gone before. This is a heavy burden, and it is no wonder that sleep departs from you. Hear how plentifully the plant Fear not grows in God's garden. Fear not, for I am with thee, be not dismayed for I am thy God. Fear not, thou worm Jacob, I will help thee, saith the Lord. The fear of man bringeth a snare, but the fear of the Lord bringeth blessing. We must labor to get rid, as much as possible, of the fear of man, for fear is weakening and fear dishonors God. Shall we think that the arm which piled the heavens and sustains the pillars of the earth shall ever be palsied. He who has power to cast into hell says, Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. There is no power on earth that is beyond His eye or beyond His restraint. He is thy help and thy shield.

When you lie awake worrying, remember that it will be disobedience to be afraid when Jesus Himself whispers, Fear not. It is not the preacher who cries Fear not, but Jesus Himself who speaks it to His poor servant fallen as dead at His feet. Let that promise remove your fear, Fear not, for I will help thee. If you have received forgiveness of sin through Christ alone, you have been brought to love and fear Him with a holy awe, and that holy fear casts out the tormenting fear of man.

We pray for you now, that the Lord will provide for your daily need according to His riches, that He will give you quietness in the night watches, and that He will be your defender where you feel powerless. May He guard you from all harm, may He turn the hearts of those in authority toward justice and truth, and may He let you feel His presence as very near, so that being upheld by His right hand you may say, I will trust and not be afraid. May He bring you into perfect love, which casteth out fear, and keep you looking unto Jesus, who alone delivers from bondage.

We will continue to pray for you, that faith may overcome fear and that you may know the peace of casting all upon Him who careth for you.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Tomorrow I'm going in to check on my apartment recertification. Please pray that God is and has gone before me and prepared a way and is with me tomorrow. Please pray everything is prepared and in our favor and me and my son don't lose our apartment. I haven't been able to breathe, eat or sleep...
Replies
15
Views
125
I looked up something I had a question about deleting files on my phone after submitting them to my school now my OCD is telling me if I watch my show I enjoy 911 God will punish me or take away provision or blessings
Replies
10
Views
131
I had my apartment recertification last week and I haven't heard anything back yet. Please pray nothing bad happens and everything works out in my favor. Please pray that me and my son don't lose our apartment and that God went before me and prepared everything in my favor and favor with the...
Replies
13
Views
158
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,895
Messages
16,816,197
Members
651,068
Latest member
Astoynar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom