Proverbs Chapter 9

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 9

9:1 Wisdom has built her house; She has cut out her seven pillars:

9:2 She has killed her beasts; She has mingled her wine; She has also furnished her table:

9:3 She has sent forth her maidens; She cries on the highest places of the city:

9:4 Whoever is simple, let him turn in here: As for him who is void of understanding, she says to him,

9:5 Come, eat+ of my bread, And drink of the wine which I have mingled.

9:6 Leave off, you+ simple ones, and live; And walk in the way of understanding.

9:7 He who corrects a scoffer gets to himself reviling; And he who reproves a wicked man [gets] himself a blot.

9:8 Don't reprove a scoffer, or else he will hate you: Reprove a wise man, and he will love you.

9:9 Give [instruction] to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: Teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.

9:10 The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of wisdom; And knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

9:11 For by me your days will be multiplied, And the years of your life will be increased.

9:12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself; And if you scoff, you alone will bear it.

9:13 The foolish woman is clamorous; [she is] simple, and knows nothing.

9:14 And she sits at the door of her house, On a seat in the high places of the city,

9:15 To call to those who pass by, Who go right on their ways:

9:16 Whoever is simple, let him turn in here; And as for him who is void of understanding, she says to him,

9:17 Stolen waters are sweet, And bread [eaten] in secret is pleasant.

9:18 But he does not know that the spirits of the dead are there; That her guests are in the depths of Sheol.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
True wisdom comes from heaven. God gives to those who will love Him with all their heart mind and soul. Salomon had true wisdom from heaven. People realized that God is the giver of all good gifts. Yes, the fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom. Praise the Lord.

To call those who pass by. V. 15a O the glory of Thy presence of Lord. Open our heart to share Jesus with others. Wherever we are we should be sharing the Good News with lost souls.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

Please pray for my 9 year old female cat, Jesse. She is battling an adenocarcinoma disease. She has lost weight and has become small and skinny like a kitten. I need you to pray with me that she will be able to eat and breathe easily.
Replies
Views
Please pray for my 40yo dau Aime. She has a bed in rehab to detox off pain medicine..but she needs the miracle of 1 mo rent/electricity/gasoline/other misc provisions for her 3 dau. Emma 9.Elisa 18..Kayla 21..while shes away. She needs her bills paid for 1 mo while she gets sober. Thank you
Replies
Views
Father, thank you for my wife coming back and for mutual love, understanding, discernment and most importantly, Love and fogiveness. Please stabilize her hormones as her body is physically changing. I ask the following prayer for love to overflow in real knowledge and discernment between my...
Replies
Views
I have a meeting with one of my co-worker(Mrs. Cassagnol) that has been bullying me and believes that she's intitle to do whatever she wants. Please pray that we all understand that her bad behavior needs to stop and she needs to stop bullying me and mistreating the students at school. Please...
Replies
Views
please pray for my aunt Mary Constance Robertson/ aunt Connie she is having surgery on her ankle because there is a knot in her ankle she is having the surgery on march 28 2024 at 9:00 am so please pray every thing will be alright because a few days ago her shed burnt down BTW she wasn't in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom