Proverbs Chapter 6

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 6

6:1 My son, if you have become surety for your fellow man, If you have stricken your hands for a stranger;

6:2 You are snared with the words of your mouth, You are taken with the words of your mouth.

6:3 Do this now, my son, and deliver yourself, Seeing you have come into the hand of your fellow man: Go, humble yourself, and importune your fellow man;

6:4 Don't give sleep to your eyes, Nor slumber to your eyelids;

6:5 Deliver yourself as a roe from the hand [of the hunter], And as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; Consider her ways, and be wise:

6:7 Which having no chief, Overseer, or ruler,

6:8 Provides her bread in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest.

6:9 How long will you sleep, O sluggard? When will you arise out of your sleep?

6:10 [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep:

6:11 So will your poverty come as a robber, And your want as an armed man.

6:12 [A] worthless man, a man of iniquity, Is he who walks with a perverse mouth;

6:13 Who winks with his eyes, who speaks with his feet, Who makes signs with his fingers;

6:14 In whose heart is perverseness, Who devises evil continually, Who sows discord.

6:15 Therefore will his calamity come suddenly; All of a sudden he will be broken, and that without remedy.

6:16 There are six things which Yahweh hates; Yes, seven which are disgusting to him:

6:17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood;

6:18 A heart that devises wicked purposes, Feet that are swift in running to mischief,

6:19 A false witness who utters lies, And he who sows discord among brothers.

6:20 My son, keep the commandment of your father, And don't forsake the law of your mother:

6:21 Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them about your neck.

6:22 When you walk, it will lead you; When you sleep, it will watch over you; And when you awake, it will talk with you.

6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is a light; And reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

6:24 To keep you from the evil woman, From the flattery of the foreigner's tongue.

6:25 Don't lust after her beauty in your heart; Neither let her take you with her eyelids.

6:26 For on account of a prostitute [a man is brought] to a piece of bread; And the adulteress hunts for the precious life.

6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, And his clothes not be burned?

6:28 Or can one walk on hot coals, And his feet not be scorched?

6:29 So he who goes in to his fellow man's wife; Whoever has any sex with her will not be unpunished.

6:30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steals To satisfy himself when he is hungry:

6:31 But if he is found, he will restore sevenfold; He will give all the substance of his house.

6:32 He who commits adultery with a woman is void of understanding: He who does it destroys his own soul.

6:33 Wounds and dishonor he will get; And his reproach will not be wiped away.

6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a [noble] man; And he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

6:35 He will not regard any ransom; Neither will he rest content, though you give many gifts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pray that your pastor will guard through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us to preach the word of Gdo in truth and honesty.  Proverbs 6.3a  Do this now my son and deliver yourself.  Heavenly Father, we want to do all you want us to do. In obeying your word is life and life everlasting.  We just praise and honor you holy name.  Now and forever more. Amen

Only saints can enter heaven. Jesus with love and mercy turns sinners into saints who then will become heirs of the kingdom of God.  Let us pray that all sinners will come to know Jesus and serve Him with all their hearts.  Proverbs 6.14  In whose heart is perverseness.  Who devises evil continually.  Who sows discord.  Let us pray for all these sinners that we see them on a daily basis.   May Jesus have compassion on their souls and save them.  If you can bring them all to church and show them the way to heaven.

Wounds and dishonor he will get.  Prov. 6.33a  Those who walk away from Gods commandments and follow the path of evil will get a lot of wounds in their bodies and soul because God is not protecting them no more.  Dishonor will come to them when they forget to do Gods will.  Let us pray for those who left the church for one reason or the other.  They really need our prayers.  In Jesus name. Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
My little chldren let us not love in word neither in tongue but in deed and in truth.  John 3.18  As children of God we should obey this command that tell us to love others in deed and in truth.  Help us lord Jesus to do just that with our neighbors, with our relatives, with anyone we talk to.  Proverbs 6.4  Do not give sleep to your eyes. Nor slumber to your eyelids.   Let us work hard for Jesus.  Helping others, giving to God what belongs to God and to Ceasar what belongs to him. 

When we put God first in our lives, then other things that matter most for us will fall into the right place. I delight to do Your will Oh my God.. was the words of one of Gods servants. The samething we should say when we are doing the right thing for God. To keep you from the evil woman. Prov. 6.24a God will protect you from every temptation that will come along and there is an oportunity to pray for all evil women around and ask Jesus to save their souls and send each one of them to church to hear Gods word. Please God, save all sinners men and women that we see on the street, in our work place and in our schools and wherever we are on vacation. Help us to pray for them. In Jesus name. Amen

Similar Requests

• Article
So [Herod's daughter] hurried back to the king and told him, "I want the head of John the Baptist, right now, on a tray!" Then the king deeply regretted what he had said; but because of the vows he had made in front of his guests, he couldn't refuse her. So he immediately sent an executioner to...
Replies
Views
Jonah thanked God by trusting him for success. Proverbs 3:5-6 teaches, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” (NLT). In Jonah 1, we see Jonah running from God. In Jonah 2, we see Jonah...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Heavenly Father, thank you for the peace of Jerusalem, and all who love Jerusalem shall prosper and be secure (Ps 122:6). Thank you that you bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants, and curse those who curse him. (Gen 12:3). Thank you that you were a wall of fire around Jerusalem last...
Replies
Views
Please Jesus touch me touch me touch me I love you you are my bridegroom, make me slim, erase the fat, erase all wrinkles, erase all dryness, erase all infirmities, erase all diseases and sicknesses, please Jesus make me poor, I only want to rest in You. No richness no prosperity no fat, nothing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom