Proverbs Chapter 6

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Here is the Proverbs Chapter to Read for Today.

Feel free to reply after reading it with any insights or observations.

Proverbs, Chapter 6

6:1 My son, if you have become surety for your fellow man, If you have stricken your hands for a stranger;

6:2 You are snared with the words of your mouth, You are taken with the words of your mouth.

6:3 Do this now, my son, and deliver yourself, Seeing you have come into the hand of your fellow man: Go, humble yourself, and importune your fellow man;

6:4 Don't give sleep to your eyes, Nor slumber to your eyelids;

6:5 Deliver yourself as a roe from the hand [of the hunter], And as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

6:6 Go to the ant, you sluggard; Consider her ways, and be wise:

6:7 Which having no chief, Overseer, or ruler,

6:8 Provides her bread in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest.

6:9 How long will you sleep, O sluggard? When will you arise out of your sleep?

6:10 [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep:

6:11 So will your poverty come as a robber, And your want as an armed man.

6:12 [A] worthless man, a man of iniquity, Is he who walks with a perverse mouth;

6:13 Who winks with his eyes, who speaks with his feet, Who makes signs with his fingers;

6:14 In whose heart is perverseness, Who devises evil continually, Who sows discord.

6:15 Therefore will his calamity come suddenly; All of a sudden he will be broken, and that without remedy.

6:16 There are six things which Yahweh hates; Yes, seven which are disgusting to him:

6:17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood;

6:18 A heart that devises wicked purposes, Feet that are swift in running to mischief,

6:19 A false witness who utters lies, And he who sows discord among brothers.

6:20 My son, keep the commandment of your father, And don't forsake the law of your mother:

6:21 Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them about your neck.

6:22 When you walk, it will lead you; When you sleep, it will watch over you; And when you awake, it will talk with you.

6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is a light; And reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

6:24 To keep you from the evil woman, From the flattery of the foreigner's tongue.

6:25 Don't lust after her beauty in your heart; Neither let her take you with her eyelids.

6:26 For on account of a prostitute [a man is brought] to a piece of bread; And the adulteress hunts for the precious life.

6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, And his clothes not be burned?

6:28 Or can one walk on hot coals, And his feet not be scorched?

6:29 So he who goes in to his fellow man's wife; Whoever has any sex with her will not be unpunished.

6:30 Men do not despise a thief, if he steals To satisfy himself when he is hungry:

6:31 But if he is found, he will restore sevenfold; He will give all the substance of his house.

6:32 He who commits adultery with a woman is void of understanding: He who does it destroys his own soul.

6:33 Wounds and dishonor he will get; And his reproach will not be wiped away.

6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a [noble] man; And he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

6:35 He will not regard any ransom; Neither will he rest content, though you give many gifts.

(UPDV Translation - Copyrighted, Used By Permission. A raised + sign next to a word means plural.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider her ways. 6.6 How many people we see doing nothing for God and being in trouble with everything they do or say. Instead of working for Jesus kingdom they are doing nothing at all. See the ant,, work hard. They without having a supervisor or any kind... they work hard. Be a true servant of living God. Sing in the choir. Serve God with your whole heart. Being an example of holy living. And if you are married with children... then work overtime to provide for your family. Food, clothing, shelter. We all need all this things. But seek first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you. What a wonderful advise this verse brings to us. Thank you Jesus for your word. Amen

Wnen we come to the end of our lives we want to be remembered as a wonderful person who walked the earth. This is because we love Jesus and our epitaph should be... He lived, loved and served His master. Jesus Christ the Lord.  This should be our epitaph and those who live near our houses should be proud to have a wonderful person who feared the Lord in their midst.  What a wonderful example of holy life we should have so others will remember us for as long as they live. My son, keep the commandments of your father. 6.20  Oh lord, help me to keep the commandments of you. My heavenly father. So others will see the good works you have done in our lives. In Chirsts name. Amen

Dear God please do not allow to commit adultery with anyone because when we look at other person with evil desires .. this is not from God at all. So please help to be the person you want me to be and a role model to all children and young people who are lost and need the saving grace of the lord Jesus. Come unto me and I will give you rest. You told us. So if we want to have the rest that Jesus promised, we should obey his word and act accordingly. My son keep the commandments of your father. 6.20  Dear lord Jesus, help me to keep your commandments because they are life and they are the sustaining grace that we need every single day of our lives. We give you all the glory and honor for these wonderful messages we receive from your word. In Jesus name. Amen.

I am forever amazed at the new topics that our pastor brings to his sermons. Our God through His Holy Spirit inspires people to say the right things and to hear what God wants us to hear. No matter what country you are living in or how far you have gone in the country side. Even when you are all alone. Gods spirit is there to help and guide our lives. There just seems no end to the profound truths tha Jesus has taugh during his life time on earth. The woman at the well tells it all. You seemed to be a prophet. She perceived tha Jesus was coming from God because He knew all about her past life. She became the first missionary and faithful worker for God. She went downtown and told everything Jesus tod her. Everyone from her town came out. From the nooks and crannies came out to hear what she has to say. What a wonderful testimony of a saved life. 6.20 My son, keep the commandment of your father. And do not forsake the law of your mother. May God help us to keep the commandments of His heart to ours. It is a life to be lived by the law of the lord Jesus. Then you wil be a true witness for God and to service to our fellow human beings on earth. What a wonderful treasure we have in Jesus.

For such a long time now people have been looking for the second coming of the lord Jesus Christ.  Some have given dates in which Jesus will arrive on earth with His glory and great power.  But it has not happened. Jesus did not come and we are still waiting for Him to come in the clouds above.  Have you ever wondered why Jesus tarries and when is He gona come and take us all home to heaven?  Well, no one knows when is He gona come. Only the Father in heaven knows all about it.  We as faithful servants of the living God should be fervently working for Him...in His vineyard. Doing what He told us to do.  Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel.  Feed my sheep.  Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick and those who are in jail. Lo I am with you.. even to the end of the world.  Isnt this a wonderful promise He has given to us all?  But are we doing His work?  Are we walking in His steps?  Are we praying as He told us to pray?  Prov.6.6  Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider her ways, and be wise.  Dear God, please let me be like the ant, working so hard for You. To give glory and honor to your holy name. Let me consider the works of the Lord Jesus and if you come to take me home. Please find me working so hard to win souls for your kingdom. In Jesus name. Amen

I really want to be like the ant that works so hard for their home to be neat and liveable. Jesus told us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Allow Jesus to work on your life. To be the best that you can be. Serving God in church as an usher, Sunday school teacher, song leader, youth counselor. Anything that God wants you to do. Do it with your whole heart. It is so rewarding to do Gods work on earth. Prov. 6.6 Go to the ant and see how hard it works. Dear Jesus make me a servant of yours. To work in anything you want me to do. Serving the hungry in a soup kitchen, clothing the naked or visiting th sick. Anything for your glory and honor. In Jesus name. Amen

As Christian we should sing songs of triumph of what Jesus has done for all of us. Lo, Jesus meet us risen from the tomb. Lovingly He greet us, scatters fear and gloom. Let the church with gladness hymns of triumph sing. For her lord now liveth, death has lost its sting.  What a marvelous truth this is. We as beautiful children of God should not be defeated or discouraged. Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ lives forever more and this should be our everlasting hopè while we are here on earth. Prov. 6.23  For the commandment is a lamp and the law is a light. Let us obey the commandments of God and our lives will be happy and live to the fullest. Jesus is the light of the world and that lamp should never ever go out from our lives. Shining to others, specially to those who are in the family of God. We are the true gospel of Jesus living out our lives so others will give praise and honor to Jesus for such a wonderful life He has given to all of us. Praise the Lord Jesus.

He who believes in me.. out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. John 7.38  This will be a great day when Jesus uses us to be a river of living waters. Filling up the thristy souls that need to hear Gods word. God can use anyone. A woman of God can be used by Jesus when she is faithful and true to His word. Rivers of living water will flow from her heart toward othes and they will hear the voice of God and will follow Jesus all the way to heaven. Children can be used by God also. But telling their friends about God. The book of Proverbs tells us how to live a life that pleases God.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Cleanse my heart OH Lord Jesus. I am yours and you are mine. Create a spirit of love and compasion toward those who are lost and homeles. Some are hungry to hear the word of God and others are hungry of real food. Provide them with what they need and love them today. Blind me from the darkness of this world that offers you money, pleasures, and self gain that leads to nothing. Make me see eternity withing the limits of your mercy.  Prepare me for the world to come. This earth is not my home. I am just passing through. Me home is in heaven above so open my eyes to see Jesus in everything I do and say.  When you walk, it will lead you. When you sleep it will watch over you. And when you awake it will talk to you. Prov. 6.22  This wonderful verse tell us that all fears, anxiety, worry and lack of sleep will be gone if we just stay on the word of God and in prayer. Jesus will lead us, when we go to sleep we will not hear strange voices or have nightmares, and when we wake up we will be with Jesus in our room. Start talking to Him every single moring and He will talk back to you.

Similar Requests

• Article
So [Herod's daughter] hurried back to the king and told him, "I want the head of John the Baptist, right now, on a tray!" Then the king deeply regretted what he had said; but because of the vows he had made in front of his guests, he couldn't refuse her. So he immediately sent an executioner to...
Replies
Views
Jonah thanked God by trusting him for success. Proverbs 3:5-6 teaches, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take” (NLT). In Jonah 1, we see Jonah running from God. In Jonah 2, we see Jonah...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Heavenly Father, thank you for the peace of Jerusalem, and all who love Jerusalem shall prosper and be secure (Ps 122:6). Thank you that you bless those who bless Abraham and his descendants, and curse those who curse him. (Gen 12:3). Thank you that you were a wall of fire around Jerusalem last...
Replies
Views
Please Jesus touch me touch me touch me I love you you are my bridegroom, make me slim, erase the fat, erase all wrinkles, erase all dryness, erase all infirmities, erase all diseases and sicknesses, please Jesus make me poor, I only want to rest in You. No richness no prosperity no fat, nothing...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For Herod had sent soldiers to arrest and imprison John as a favor to Herodias. She had been his brother Philip's wife, but Herod had married her. John had been telling Herod, "It is against God's law for you to marry your brother's wife." So Herodias bore a grudge against John and wanted to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom