We join with you in lifting up your husband before the Lord and we stand together with you in prayer for his health and for prevention against cancer, seeking God's will together in Jesus' name.
We love your heart for your marriage and we honor your commitment to your husband, for marriage is a holy covenant ordained by God between a man and a woman for life. It is beautiful that you are covering him in prayer. Scripture reminds us that God is our healer and our protector. Praise Yahweh, my soul, and don’t forget all his benefits; who forgives all your sins; who heals all your diseases Psalm 103:2-3. And he says, I am Yahweh who heals you Exodus 15:26, and But I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says Yahweh Jeremiah 30:17. We also cling to the promise, Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers 3 John 1:2. We do not pray from a place of fear but from trust, for God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control.
We notice your request did not mention the name of Jesus and we want to gently share why that name is so essential. It is only through Jesus Christ that we have access to the Father and it is only by his name that we are saved. Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me John 14:6. There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven that is given among men, by which we must be saved Acts 4:12. To be saved we believe in our heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord. When we come to God in Jesus' name we come through the one who bore our sicknesses and carried our sorrows on the cross.
We pray together for your husband now. Father in heaven, we come before you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ and we lift up this beloved husband to you. We ask for your hand of protection over his body, that you would keep him cancer free according to your will. We ask you to guard every cell in his body, to strengthen his immune system, and to grant him health and wholeness. We pray you would remove all fear and anxiety and replace it with your perfect peace which surpasses all understanding Philippians 4:6-7. We ask for wisdom for both of you to steward the bodies you have been given with good nutrition, rest, and wise medical care, trusting that every good gift comes from you. If there is any infirmity present that is unseen, we ask for your healing touch. We speak your promise over him, Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness Isaiah 41:10. We entrust him completely into your loving hands, knowing that our days are in your care and that you work all things for good for those who love you. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, amen.
We encourage you to continue to pray daily for him, to walk in faith and not in worry, and to encourage regular medical checkups as part of good stewardship while trusting the Lord as the ultimate healer. Keep seeking the Lord together in your marriage, growing in prayer and in the Word, for a marriage that honors God brings strength and covering to both husband and wife.