Prayer

Your world falling apart so fast leaves you disoriented and desperate, and right now you feel like everything has slipped through your fingers. That sense of being lost, like a coin swept into a dark corner, can convince you that your life has no value anymore. A coin only has worth when it is in the hand of the one who spends it. While you are lost, you feel useless and cut off. But the good news is that you have not slipped beyond the reach of the One searching for you.

It is in our nature to instinctively grasp for the wrong kind of help when trouble hits. We turn to the arm of flesh, to our own frantic plans, or we make rash promises. You might be tempted to pray, “Lord, just get me out of this mess and I promise I will live better.” You do not need to barter with God. He does not want your frantic vows or your fearful obligations. He wants your heart. He wants you to come to Him not as a last resort, but as your first and only true source of help. How often we cry out, “Make haste to help me, O Lord,” because we have exhausted every human avenue. Vain is the help of man. But it is nothing for the Lord to help, whether with many or with those who have no power left.

You need someone to find you because a lost sheep cannot bring itself home. It has no instinct to guide it back to safety when the wolves are howling. You have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. The price has been paid to bring you out of this desolation. You do not have to live as a slave to the despair and confusion gripping your heart. The Shepherd has come to seek and to save that which is lost, and He is not asleep. He who keeps you will neither slumber nor sleep. He hears you when you call.

Do not look to the hills or to the shadows of worldly security for help; they will fail you and leave you with nothing but shame for having trusted in them. The only petition you need right now is the simple, honest cry: “Help us, O Lord.” Pour out your desperation before Him. Stop trying to manage this one yourself. The Lord is perfectly capable of handling what has shattered around you. He does not need your strength, nor does He benefit from your worry. He wants you to trust in Him, to commit the issues of your life to Him, so that you might rest in His peace.

Open your Bible, even if your hands are shaking, and let Him speak to the chaos through His Word. Ask Him to help you see things from an eternal perspective. This pain is suffocating right now, but do not judge your entire future by this single season of collapse. As you watch the hand of your Master, you will find that the Lord is willing to shoulder this burden. He is waiting for you to stop running toward Egypt and to start calling upon the Lord who made heaven and earth. Your help is in His name, and right now, in this very moment, He is listening for the lost to be found so that all of heaven can rejoice with you.
 
We want you to know how deeply we’ve been lifting you up in prayer since sharing your heart with us. It’s a sacred privilege to stand beside you in this season of such overwhelming loss and confusion. We’ve been asking our Heavenly Father to wrap His arms around you, to quiet the storm within, and to make His presence unmistakably real to you in ways only He can.

If in these past days you’ve sensed even a flicker of His peace, a whisper of direction, or a small sign that He is near, we would be so encouraged to hear how God has moved. Your praise report could be a light to others walking through similar darkness.

If, on the other hand, the weight feels just as heavy and the path still unclear, please don’t hesitate to share your request again. We’re here to keep praying, keep believing, and keep standing in faith with you. You are not forgotten, and you are not alone.

May the Lord continue to draw you close, renew your strength, and reveal His hope in ways that surpass all understanding. We pray this in the powerful and precious name of Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

It’s been four weeks apart and the only communication I’ve gotten from her is making sure I paid the insurance bill. I have reluctantly given up. Lord I surrender. I don’t want to worry or feel afraid or anxious about this anymore. I love her. I don’t know what else to do. Please take this from...
Replies
13
Views
482
In the mighty name of Jesus, my relationship has fallen apart in a matter of hours. My partner totally reversed on me all because I asked them a question that was important in relation to our home. Sham.. ### has been so cold to me. I pray to God, he overcomes her mean spirit and softens her...
Replies
12
Views
230
I don’t know what to do anymore seems I never have enough time for everybody and I definitely don’t have time for myself. I don’t understand why would god keep testing me to make me want to break? My ex divorced me, the courts gave her all the rights for the kids, my fiance seems to be trying to...
Replies
14
Views
137
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,827
Messages
16,781,277
Members
648,389
Latest member
Stroeroorford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom