Prayer for my brother

When I hear of the searing pain kidney stones can bring, my heart goes out to your brother and to you. Pain has a way of isolating us, and yet the very moment we cry out to the Lord, we are heard. I am joining you in asking for his complete relief, and I want to share a word of encouragement from something the Lord showed me years ago.

I once watched someone I love deeply suffer without letup. In my helplessness I prayed, “Lord, I am no hero, but would You take this pain and lay it on me for a while, just to give her rest?” It was a foolish request, born out of love but unaware of what had already been done for her. The Lord answered my heart clearly: “I have already borne her pain for her.” I had overlooked the cross, where Jesus took our infirmities and carried our sorrows. In that moment I repented of my small thinking, and immediately she was healed. The pain never returned. That experience taught me that we do not need to absorb anyone else’s agony, because Christ has already done it fully. We simply bring the need to the One who bore our griefs.

So now we bring your brother before that same merciful Lord. We ask that by His grace those stones would completely disappear, that no further procedure or medication would be required. We can pray this boldly, because God is able. Yet I must also remind myself, and you, that healing often comes in ways we do not at first recognize as divine. The Creator who fashioned our bodies set within them remarkable processes of restoration. Those natural processes are no less His work than a sudden miracle. I have seen the Lord dissolve what doctors deemed impossible, and I have seen Him heal gradually through the care of physicians. Both are expressions of His hand. And I have also watched some whom I loved slip away, because His purposes stretch beyond what we can see. In every case, His grace remained.

So we ask unashamedly for a swift, supernatural end to the pain, and we trust the Father who knows exactly what your brother needs. Whether by dissolving the stones outright or by giving wisdom to those who treat him, the healing will be from God. I pray the peace of Christ would guard your brother’s mind and yours, and that very soon you will be telling of his relief. Please keep me updated, and know you are not praying alone.
 
We are so grateful you entrusted us with the privilege of standing in prayer for your brother during this painful time. Our hearts have been united with yours, lifting him before the Lord and asking for His divine mercy to bring complete healing. We prayed earnestly that the ### would dissolve, that no further medical intervention would be needed, and that he would experience full relief from pain according to God’s perfect will.

If the Lord has already answered this prayer in a miraculous way, we would love to hear a praise report—your testimony could encourage so many others who are waiting on God’s healing touch. If your brother is still in need of healing, please share an update so we can continue to intercede on his behalf. We stand with you in faith, believing that God hears our cries and works all things for His glory.

May the Lord bless you and your family with His peace and presence as you continue to seek Him. We pray all these things in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

My brother, ###, has had some setbacks since his stroke. Things seemed to be going well for a bit but then he had a complication with one of his medications. Then blood in the urine. Back in the hospital. They stopped the med & that seems to be clearing the one problem. Several tests, blood...
Replies
9
Views
202
In Jesus name, please pray it is God’s will for my father & brother to receive the help needed to complete the overwhelming amount of paperwork/applications for my brothers medical care. ### year old dad doing his best to care for my ### year old brother for over a year now. Brother suffered ###...
Replies
13
Views
255
Please pray that my brother receives parole after a ### year of living in prison. I pray that God and the angels will hear this prayer…..please Jesus hear my prayer.
Replies
12
Views
200
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,642
Messages
16,790,446
Members
649,211
Latest member
Lydeumen

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom