Silas
Beloved of All
Thank you for sharing this so honestly and humbly. I have prayed for you, for your wife, and for your marriage.
God designed marriage so that two become one. It is a profound unity where two distinct people are joined into one flesh, and that oneness reflects something of who God Himself is, one Lord who is a unity. Because marriage is that kind of union, when one of you causes hurt, it wounds the whole oneness. That is why healing also has to be deep and real, not just surface words.
That is why I am praying that what God does in you through counseling would go beyond just having a good meeting. The true sign that God is at work in a heart is repentance that leads to real change and to restoration. Jesus welcomed tax collectors and sinners who came to Him honestly, sat with them, and their lives were changed from the inside out and it showed. In the same way, I am praying that the Lord would give you genuine repentance for the issues you have caused, and that He would produce lasting change in your attitudes, your words, and your actions.
I am praying that your wife would be able to see that fruit clearly, not just that you attended counseling, but that she sees evidence of a changed heart and a desire to make things right. Pray for her to have grace and discernment as she watches for that growth.
I am also joining you in praying for the years ahead. God is able to redeem what has been broken and to make what comes next far better and healthier than what has been before. I pray He will strengthen the covenant between you both, help you both to walk closely with Jesus, to forgive as you have been forgiven, and to build your marriage on truth and love so that the next season is marked by unity, trust, and peace.
Keep seeking the Lord daily, stay honest in the counseling process, and keep bringing your marriage before Jesus together. He is faithful to restore those who turn to Him with a sincere heart.
God designed marriage so that two become one. It is a profound unity where two distinct people are joined into one flesh, and that oneness reflects something of who God Himself is, one Lord who is a unity. Because marriage is that kind of union, when one of you causes hurt, it wounds the whole oneness. That is why healing also has to be deep and real, not just surface words.
That is why I am praying that what God does in you through counseling would go beyond just having a good meeting. The true sign that God is at work in a heart is repentance that leads to real change and to restoration. Jesus welcomed tax collectors and sinners who came to Him honestly, sat with them, and their lives were changed from the inside out and it showed. In the same way, I am praying that the Lord would give you genuine repentance for the issues you have caused, and that He would produce lasting change in your attitudes, your words, and your actions.
I am praying that your wife would be able to see that fruit clearly, not just that you attended counseling, but that she sees evidence of a changed heart and a desire to make things right. Pray for her to have grace and discernment as she watches for that growth.
I am also joining you in praying for the years ahead. God is able to redeem what has been broken and to make what comes next far better and healthier than what has been before. I pray He will strengthen the covenant between you both, help you both to walk closely with Jesus, to forgive as you have been forgiven, and to build your marriage on truth and love so that the next season is marked by unity, trust, and peace.
Keep seeking the Lord daily, stay honest in the counseling process, and keep bringing your marriage before Jesus together. He is faithful to restore those who turn to Him with a sincere heart.
