Please pray for ### for ### am little depressed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearme

Beloved of All
Please pray for me for I am little depressed because I don't feel God's closeness in my life. I don't feel that my prayers get answered, it just feels like everything is continuing as it is before I became a believer. I long to have powerful experience with God, I long to see that there's someone who is answering my prayers. I long that God would fill me with energy and joy and happiness. It looks to me that all other Christians around me seem to receive some joy and happiness from God but I don't. Sometimes I feel that I want to quit attending church and other such activities.
 
May the God of love bring comfort, strength, and healing to the situation that you have shared. In Jesus Name I Pray, AMEN!
 
Psalm 46:10  10 Be still, and know that I am God:

Hebrews 13:5 - [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Deuteronomy 31:8 - And the LORD, he [it is] that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

I have not found a place in the Bible where His Word says to "feel" Him.  He wants us to "know" Him. Our "mind" is supposed to be renewed, not our feelings. The demonic realm can influence us and tell us that since we do not feel God around us then that must mean that God is not around us.  That is agreeing with the devil.  The Word of God "tells us" that God will never leave us nor forsake us.  That is what we must believe in.  We must agree with what the Word says, with what God says, even though our feelings are contrary to what we "know" to be true.  

God says that if we ask through prayer for that which is in accordance with His Will, then we shall have what we ask.  Maybe when we pray, we are asking too little.  God is a big God, He created the universe, all that is seen and unseen.  He wants us to not think too small or too little of ourselves, like we are not worthy. We are worthy of anything God can give us because of what Jesus did, not because we are worthy. We do not have to "become" worthy, we are worthy because of Jesus. Through Jesus we are sons and daughters of God.

One of the worst things you can do is to compare yourself with another. The actions of others can be false and fake. "Coveting another's goods" could be what is happening when comparing oneself with another. Each and every person is on their own very distinct path that God has ordained.  Every person is special and has abilities and talents that no other person has. You are special. God wants you to be doing "your thing" not someone else's. God has given us all spiritual blessing, including joy, love, peace, patience, kindness, longsuffering, etc.  But when we compare ourselves with others we can get depressed and miss out on having and expressing those blessings.  We can't be doubleminded, be joyful and depressed at the same time.  
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray on your behalf. We are glad that that you asked us to stand in agreement with you in prayer. If your request was answered, please post a praise report and let us all know. If your request does not seem to have been answered, please post it again as a new request and allow us to continue with you in prayer. We all hope that our prayers are answered in the way that we want. Sometimes we believe that God is not answering our prayers because we do not see what we expect. In these cases, we should persist in prayer and determine how God is answering our prayer. May God bless you as you continue to seek him through his son, Jesus Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I feel like the devil is working overtime my boss is complaining about how I do my job and my case manager told me about it it seems like every where I live and work at people always complaining about me and I am going to get help with my job. And I have been bullied by family and everyone since...
Replies
9
Views
239
I am discouraged and depressed. The more I try to build a closer relationship with God the more problems I seem to have. My ### has end stage kidney disease, regarding my job even though I get very good job reviews, my ### has a habit of getting frustrated with me and making hurtful comments...
Replies
10
Views
194
Please pray for me. During the holiday season I get very depressed due to being single. I attend events with family or friends and I'm single while everyone is coupled up. It feels awkward and embarrassing. I was engaged but my ex called off our relationship. He lied and said I was cheating. I...
Replies
10
Views
374
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,740
Messages
16,814,454
Members
650,988
Latest member
Krauhold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom