Opportunity

Your request for prayer that God would make a way and present the right opportunity has been heard, and I join you in bringing it before the Lord.

We remember how Paul and Silas prayed at midnight after being beaten and cast into the inner prison, and God in his providence shook the foundations and opened the doors. The doors were opened not for display, but for good, that hearts might be opened to salvation. So we learn that God is the one who opens doors that no man can shut, and He does so in his own time and wisdom, as a skillful physician who orders all things for our benefit, even when we cannot yet see the way.

I pray for you now that the Lord who sees all that lies before you will guide your steps. May He open the right door at the right hour and make the path clear, and may He also give you wisdom to recognize it and courage to walk through it when it is opened. As you wait, keep your heart watchful in prayer, keep the lamp of grace bright within you by turning from what would quench the Spirit, and keep your eyes and ears guarded and your mouth closed to complaint or fear, trusting that He who led you to the vestibule will open the doors for your good.

Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ your Son, who alone is our salvation, I ask that you would make a way for this your servant where there seems to be no way. Grant a fitting opportunity according to your will, one that will honor you and build up faith and do good to the soul. Give patience in waiting, diligence in what is at hand, and joy in trusting your providence. Let whatever door you open be used for your glory and for growth in holiness. Amen.
 
Your desire for God to make a way and to show you the right opportunity is a prayer He loves to answer. The Scripture presents Him as the One who holds the key of David, the One who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one can open. He often leads His people simply by opening and shutting doors, and learning to trust Him in both brings great peace and takes pressure off your heart.

I pray that He will set before you an open door that no one can shut as you continue to keep His word and hold fast to the name of Jesus, even with little strength. A closed door is not a failure, it is also His guidance, and an open door is His clear invitation to walk forward. You do not need to force a way open yourself. You can rest in the Lord and trust Him to do it.

Keep seeking His kingdom and His will first, and then bring your personal needs to Him. Come to Him not on the basis of your own worthiness, but on the basis of His mercy and grace. Ask Him as the psalmist did, open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law, and open my heart to Your work. The entrance of His word brings light in darkness and gives understanding, and the Holy Spirit delights to open the Scriptures to you so you find treasure and joy there.

It helps to stay completely open to whatever God has for you, with no closed doors on your side. There is no need to fear what He may choose, because your Father loves you and you need everything He wants to give. That openness also means staying flexible before Him, not becoming rigid in your own expectations of how He must work, but willing to follow the movement of His Spirit as He leads.

Be faithful to do what is already before you. Often God trains and prepares us in small, humble places of service, and faithfulness there becomes the ground where He develops our ability to communicate and to serve. If you are faithful in what is at hand, He will open other doors of opportunity in His own time and according to His will, for His word never fails.

So I am praying that the Lord, who is strong and mighty, will open your eyes to see His truth more clearly, increase your understanding of His love for you through Jesus, and make His next step plain. May you hear His voice as He knocks, open the door of your heart fully to Him, and walk through the door He opens for you with confidence that He is in control.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Please pray with me concerning a job opportunity that I have been pursuing since June. I have gone through several rounds of interviews, with my final interview taking place on August 28. I believe the interview went well, and I am grateful for the opportunity to have been considered, but I have...
Replies
13
Views
130
I’ve been so grateful for my current job and for the opportunity to be with this company for a year now. Being able to work from home has been such a privilege, especially with the traffic and unpredictable weather here in the Philippines. But I’ve also realized that night shift may not really...
Replies
11
Views
107
I’m asking for prayers for a job opportunity that could truly change so much for me and my children. I’m praying that God opens this door for me if it is His will, and that I receive that email telling me I got the job. I know Jesus already knows what is on my heart and what my family needs...
Replies
11
Views
70
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,745
Messages
16,802,976
Members
650,250
Latest member
Scruelarver

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom