Messing up

Dhitlor

Good and Faithful Servant
Please pray for me. All I do is mess things up and I fail as a Christian so much no matter how badly I don't want to even though I'm depending on Christ for help. Thank you.
 
We hear the deep sorrow and frustration in your words, and we want you to know that your honesty before the Lord is a beautiful act of humility. The fact that you are depending on Christ for help, even when you feel like you’re failing, shows that His grace is already at work in you. The apostle Paul himself cried out, "For the good that I desire, I don’t do; but the evil which I don’t desire, this I practice" (Romans 7:19). If even Paul, a man used mightily by God, struggled with the tension between his flesh and his spirit, how much more should we expect to wrestle as well?

You are not alone in this battle. The enemy would love for you to believe the lie that your failures define you, but Scripture declares that "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). Your identity is not in your performance but in Christ’s finished work on the cross. When you stumble, it does not erase His love for you, it is an opportunity to run to Him, not from Him. The psalmist wrote, "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit" (Psalm 34:18). Bring your brokenness to Him, for He delights in showing mercy.

We also want to gently remind you that repentance is not a one-time event but a lifestyle of turning away from sin and toward God. When you mess up, do not wallow in shame, confess it, receive His forgiveness, and ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen you for the next battle. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). The Christian life is not about perfection but about persistence in pursuing Christ, even when we stumble.

Let us pray with you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You on behalf of our brother/sister who is feeling the weight of their failures. Lord, we thank You that You do not cast aside those who come to You in humility. Your Word says that "a broken and contrite heart You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17). We ask that You would lift the burden of shame from their shoulders and replace it with the peace that comes from knowing they are fully forgiven in Christ. Strengthen them by Your Spirit to walk in obedience, not out of fear of failure, but out of love for You. Remind them that Your grace is sufficient, and Your power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). Help them to see themselves as You see them, redeemed, beloved, and called according to Your purpose. In Jesus’ mighty name we pray, Amen.

Take heart, dear one. The fact that you are grieved over your sin is evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work in you. Keep pressing into Jesus, for He is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy (Jude 1:24). You are not defined by your failures, but by His victory. Keep fighting the good fight, your labor in the Lord is never in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58).
 
Me too, i commit lust nearly every day and I get distracted and don't pray as much as I could for myself as well as people on here. You're not alone in this battle. I pray that you and I are made new and stop messing up in the name of Jesus, amen.
 
May God in Jesus' name answer your prayer request according to God's perfect love, wisdom, will, timing, grace, and mercy. God is so in love with you. Be Encouraged!

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Matthew 6:33: But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.


🙏Prayer Focus: God, Thank You for loving me. Thank You for loving me, Jesus. God, I ask You in Jesus’ name please bless me with everything that I stand in need of and everything You want me to have. God bless me to prosper, walk in excellent health, and never stop growing in the love, grace, wisdom, and knowledge of Christ Jesus. God bless me to know You in truth, fall in love with You with all my heart, mind, soul, body, and strength and never fall out of love with You. God, bless me to have an ever growing closer stronger, more intimate relationship with You. Bless me with the love, desire, strength, and the spirit of obedience to always delight myself in You, seek first Your kingdom, Your righteousness, and to always respect and obey You. Bless me to know You, so that I can trust You with all my heart, acknowledge You in all my ways, and lean not to my own understanding. Bless me with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding in all You have called me to do.

God heal me in every area of my life. Deliver and cleanse me of everything in my life that doesn't honor You. Transform and renew my mind. Bless me with love, power, and a sound mind. Let the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in me. Bless me to have and operate with a God-conscious-solution-focused-heart-mind-spirit-and-attitude. Bless me to have a God Kingdom Culture Mentality. God be with me as a mighty warrior. Let no weapon formed against me prosper. Protect me from all the plans of my enemies and the plans of the enemy of my soul. God, all that I have asked of You, in this prayer, please do the same for the writer of the prayer, all those who love and care about me, and all those I love and care about. God, please forever honor this prayer over each of our lives. God Thank You. Amen, so be it by faith, and by faith, it is so
. Prayer written by The Encourager-Prayer Warrior-Board Certified Professional Christian Life Coach. www.theencourager.net

Heal Me Lord Jesus Spirit, Soul, And Body​

 
We hear the deep sorrow and frustration in your words, and we want you to know that your honesty before the Lord is a beautiful act of humility. The fact that you are depending on Christ for help, even when you feel like you’re failing, shows that His grace is already at work in you. The apostle Paul himself cried out, "For the good that I desire, I don’t do; but the evil which I don’t desire, this I practice" (Romans 7:19). If even Paul, a man used mightily by God, struggled with the tension between his flesh and his spirit, how much more should we expect to wrestle as well?

You are not alone in this battle. The enemy would love for you to believe the lie that your failures define you, but Scripture declares that "there is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). Your identity is not in your performance but in Christ’s finished work on the cross. When you stumble, it does not erase His love for you, it is an opportunity to run to Him, not from Him. The psalmist wrote, "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit" (Psalm 34:18). Bring your brokenness to Him, for He delights in showing mercy.

We also want to gently remind you that repentance is not a one-time event but a lifestyle of turning away from sin and toward God. When you mess up, do not wallow in shame, confess it, receive His forgiveness, and ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen you for the next battle. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). The Christian life is not about perfection but about persistence in pursuing Christ, even when we stumble.

Let us pray with you now:

Heavenly Father, we come before You on behalf of our brother/sister who is feeling the weight of their failures. Lord, we thank You that You do not cast aside those who come to You in humility. Your Word says that "a broken and contrite heart You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17). We ask that You would lift the burden of shame from their shoulders and replace it with the peace that comes from knowing they are fully forgiven in Christ. Strengthen them by Your Spirit to walk in obedience, not out of fear of failure, but out of love for You. Remind them that Your grace is sufficient, and Your power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). Help them to see themselves as You see them, redeemed, beloved, and called according to Your purpose. In Jesus’ mighty name we pray, Amen.

Take heart, dear one. The fact that you are grieved over your sin is evidence of the Holy Spirit’s work in you. Keep pressing into Jesus, for He is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy (Jude 1:24). You are not defined by your failures, but by His victory. Keep fighting the good fight, your labor in the Lord is never in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Thank you much for sharing these truths.
For all who are struggling in this area please continue to read, meditate on these verses and as you draw near to God who loves you, He will draw near to you and will set you free.
 
We want you to know how deeply we’ve been lifting you up before the Lord these past days. Your honesty about struggling and feeling like you keep messing up touched our hearts, and we’ve been praying that you would encounter God’s grace in a fresh, powerful way—grace that doesn’t just forgive but also empowers you to walk in victory.

We’ve asked the Holy Spirit to remind you of your true identity in Christ: not as someone who fails, but as a beloved child of God who is being transformed day by day. We’ve prayed for the strength to resist discouragement and for the courage to keep pressing into Jesus, even when it feels like you’re stumbling. Most of all, we’ve asked God to help you see yourself through His eyes—redeemed, cherished, and capable of growth because of His love, not your own efforts.

If you’ve experienced any breakthrough, even a small one—like a moment of peace, a renewed sense of hope, or a fresh desire to draw near to God—we’d love to hear about it. Your praise report could encourage others who are wrestling with the same feelings. And if the weight of failure still feels heavy, please don’t hesitate to post this request again. We’re here to stand with you, reminding you that God’s mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness is greater than our shortcomings.

Keep seeking Him. Keep trusting in His strength, not your own. And remember: the same Jesus who died for your sins is also interceding for you right now. We’re continuing to pray that you’ll feel His presence in tangible ways and that His peace will guard your heart and mind. In Jesus’ Name.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I'm trying to start college in the fall but I have to submit an appeal again. I need God to help work a miracle in my situation so I can get the financial aid I need to attend, but when asking Him for help I just feel like a fraud. All within the same week I started talking to an unequally yoked...
Replies
7
Views
133
Please pray for me. I'm always messing up and making bad decisions and failing as a Christian. I don't know if it's a matter of mental health struggles (I am willing to look into getting medicated if necessary) but I just can't do right even when I lean on Christ for help. I've hurt so many...
Replies
6
Views
122
I messed up 3 days ago at work. I returned back to work after my shift ended to complete a task. In order to do this I accessed restricted areas with my ID card. I fetched something from the shopfloor and I'm sure some of the day managers noticed me. I am extremely worried that I'll be...
Replies
10
Views
416
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,692
Messages
16,802,186
Members
650,202
Latest member
Riathur

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom