'Listen and Obey' - Mark 4:3-9

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

[Jesus told this parable:] "Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seed. As he scattered it across his field, some of the seed fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate it. Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seed sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. But the plant soon wilted under the hot sun, and since it didn't have deep roots, it died. Other seed fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants so they produced no grain. Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they sprouted, grew, and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" Then he said, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."

Mark 4:3-9 NLT

Key Thought​

One of the most important questions we need to ask ourselves seriously is this: "Am I truly willing to listen to Jesus, hear what he says, and do what he asks of me?" The parables are powerful learning stories that plant the word of Jesus deep in our hearts. But, we must be committed to hearing what is said so that it takes root, grows, and produces fruit. We determine the type of soil we offer to the Good News of Jesus. So let's ask the Father to help us hear Jesus' words and put them into practice.

Today's Prayer​

Almighty God, my Abba Father, open my heart to the teaching of Jesus. Remove the barriers that I have placed between your will and my proper hearing of your truth. I so much want your Son's words to come to life in me and bear fruit. Mold me, correct me, and mature me as I open my heart, my life, and my will to the words of your Son. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

[Jesus told this parable:] "Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seed. As he scattered it across his field, some of the seed fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate it. Other seed fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seed sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow. But the plant soon wilted under the hot sun, and since it didn't have deep roots, it died. Other seed fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants so they produced no grain. Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they sprouted, grew, and produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" Then he said, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."

Mark 4:3-9 NLT

Key Thought​

One of the most important questions we need to ask ourselves seriously is this: "Am I truly willing to listen to Jesus, hear what he says, and do what he asks of me?" The parables are powerful learning stories that plant the word of Jesus deep in our hearts. But, we must be committed to hearing what is said so that it takes root, grows, and produces fruit. We determine the type of soil we offer to the Good News of Jesus. So let's ask the Father to help us hear Jesus' words and put them into practice.

Today's Prayer​

Almighty God, my Abba Father, open my heart to the teaching of Jesus. Remove the barriers that I have placed between your will and my proper hearing of your truth. I so much want your Son's words to come to life in me and bear fruit. Mold me, correct me, and mature me as I open my heart, my life, and my will to the words of your Son. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...
Oh! God give me faith in whatever i do.
In Jesus's name Amen

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
[Concluding the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!" —Mark 4:20 NLT Key Thought Jesus wants us to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced." —Mark...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And then [Jesus] added, "It is what comes from inside that defiles you." —Mark 7:20 NLT Key Thought Wow! What a powerful message in today's world where people deliberately expose themselves to so many forms of hurtful images and thoughts. Jesus stressed the importance of being pure — not just...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Jesus said, "How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade." —Mark...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[Continuing the explanation of his parable, Jesus said,] "The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have Satan come at once and take it away." —Mark 4:15 NLT Key Thought Our efforts to share the Good News of the Kingdom of God don't happen in a vacuum...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom