'Jesus Is Stronger' - Mark 3:22-27

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, "[Jesus is] possessed by Satan, the prince of demons. That's where he gets the power to cast out demons."
Jesus called them over and responded with an illustration. "How can Satan cast out Satan?" he asked. "A kingdom divided by civil war will collapse. Similarly, a family splintered by feuding will fall apart. And if Satan is divided and fights against himself, how can he stand? He would never survive. Let me illustrate this further. Who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger — someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house."

Mark 3:22-27 NLT

Key Thought​

Jesus made it clear that his ability to cast out demons came from one source: himself! He is more powerful than the demons could ever imagine him to be. They can't stand up to his presence and power. Jesus is stronger than demons and demonstrated it again and again.

Today's Prayer​

Father, I trust in Jesus' power to save from all forms of evil, sin, and bondage. I open my heart to let him reign over my emotions and desires. I open my mind so that he can purify, redeem, and control my thoughts. I open my soul so that he can rule in every area of my being. Thank you for sending your Son as my Savior, my LORD, and my Almighty King. In his name, I pray. Amen.

Related Scripture Readings​

Ⓒ 1996-2024 Heartlight, Inc. This material may not be reproduced in part or whole for commercial use without written consent. What Jesus Did! is written by Phil Ware and is available in book form. Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Continue reading...

🙏 God, I ask You in Jesus' name change and prepare me so I can handle the things You are and will walk me through in faith, trust, confidence in You, and not fear. God pour Your grace, peace, and strength into me. Let me always keep my focus on You, Your Word, and Love for me. God do the same for the writer of this prayer. Thank You, Jesus. Amen.

❤️ Philippians 1:6: Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Suddenly, a man in the synagogue who was possessed by an evil spirit cried out, "Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are — the Holy One of God!" —Mark 1:23-24 NLT Key Thought One of the things that we will see again and again in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. She had heard about Jesus, so she came up...
Replies
Views
  • Article
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon possessed begged to go with him. But Jesus said, "No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been." —Mark 5:18-19 NLT Key Thought "Go... tell... everything the LORD has...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[After Jesus cast the evil spirits out of the man and into the pigs, the] herdsmen fled to the nearby town and the surrounding countryside, spreading the news as they ran. People rushed out to see what had happened. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
[The woman who had constant bleeding for twelve years] had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind him through the crowd and touched his robe. For she thought to herself, "If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed." Immediately the bleeding stopped, and she could feel in her body that she...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom