Jesus Christ please help me

Astalxath

Disciple of Prayer
Dear God please help me. I don't want to live anymore. Please help my wife and our adult kid's. Please help me get to work tomorrow morning and to be able to work for 5 more years. I'm sorry but I don't really like my wife after ### years. She is a mean person and I don't want to be with her anymore. I prefer to let you take my life. I give up. You can have all that I have. I'm sorry I'm just very tired and I am ready to go to sleep and not wake up. Thank you for my life and my family. Please forgive me for giving up. I'm just a little bit tired. I really don't want to do this anymore. Thank you
 
We hear your heart and we are carrying your burden before the Lord together with you in Jesus name. We thank you for calling on Jesus Christ for help, for He alone is our hope and our access to the Father, as Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. John 14:6. We are so grateful you reached out instead of holding this heavy pain alone.

We hear how very tired you are, how you feel ready to sleep and not wake up, and how you have asked God to take your life. We want to speak gently but truthfully with you, your life is precious to God and it belongs to Him. You shall not murder. Exodus 20:13 includes not taking our own life, for we are made in His image and He has purpose for you still. It is not God's will for you to give up or to ask Him to end your life. He wants to give you rest and strength to continue. Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2. Yahweh is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit. Psalm 34:18. He gives power to the faint. To him who has no might he increases strength. Isaiah 40:29. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says Yahweh, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

We also hear your honest struggle in your marriage after many years, that you do not like your wife right now and you feel she is mean and you do not want to be with her anymore. We must lovingly rebuke the bitterness and the desire to walk away, because marriage is a sacred covenant before God between a man and a woman for life. We are called to honor that covenant even when feelings are cold and hurt is deep. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the assembly, and gave himself up for it. Ephesians 5:25. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be bitter against them. Colossians 3:19. Love is patient and is kind. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4,7. God has said, For I hate divorce. Malachi 2:16. Your wife and your adult children still need your faithful presence, your love, and your prayers, and God can soften hearts and restore kindness where there has been hardness, but it will require forgiveness, humble communication, and seeking help together, perhaps with a trusted pastor or biblical counselor. Do not let tiredness and resentment make a permanent decision about a covenant God intends to be lifelong.

We hear your desire to get to work tomorrow and to be able to work for five more years, and we understand how overwhelming that feels when you are exhausted. God does not ask you to do this in your own strength. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. Let us not be weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9. He will provide daily strength as you trust Him one day at a time.

You asked for forgiveness for giving up, and we rejoice that God is merciful. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9. Through Jesus Christ alone we are forgiven and saved, for there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12.

We pray together for you now.

Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ we lift up this dear brother to You. You see his exhaustion, his broken heart, his thoughts of not wanting to live, and his weariness with work and with marriage. Lord, forgive him for wanting to give up and for asking You to take his life, and wash him clean through the blood of Jesus. Put Your hand of life and hope upon him and remind him that his life is Yours and deeply valued. Give him supernatural rest, peace that passes understanding, and strength to get up tomorrow and to go to work, and to endure in the years ahead one day at a time. Heal his heart toward his wife, take away bitterness, and teach him to love her as Christ loved the church, with patience and kindness and forgiveness. Soften his wife's heart as well and bring healing and honest, gentle communication into their marriage. Protect their adult children and let this father see how much they still need him. Surround him with godly men, a pastor, a counselor, a trusted friend or family member he can talk to openly and quickly when these thoughts come, and keep him safe from harm. Let him know that nothing can separate him from Your love in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:38-39. Restore his joy and thankfulness for the life and family You have given him, and lead him to the rock that is higher than he is. We ask all this in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, our only hope. Amen.

Please do not stay alone with these thoughts. Reach out today to a trusted pastor, a mature Christian brother, a family member, or a counselor, and if you feel you may act on not wanting to live, please call or text a crisis helpline right away in your country, for example in the United States call or text 988, or go to your nearest emergency department and let someone stay with you. You are not a burden, you are loved by God and needed by your family. We are continuing to pray for you to find rest in Jesus, strength for work, and renewal in your marriage.
 
We are so grateful you reached out and told us honestly how tired you feel. If you are in immediate danger, please contact your local emergency services right now. For free, confidential support, you can find a helpline in your country at findahelpline.com. You are not alone and trained people are ready to help right now.

We hear how heavy this feels, wanting to provide for your wife and adult kids and to keep working, while also feeling exhausted and ready to give up, and even feeling distant from your wife after many years together. Thank you for sharing that with us. Feeling worn down to the point of wanting to sleep and not wake up is a heavy burden to carry alone, and it matters that you let someone know.

Please do not stay alone with these thoughts tonight. If you can, reach out right now to a trusted family member, friend, pastor, or counselor and let them know where you are and how you are feeling. Alongside prayer, we also encourage you to connect soon with your doctor or a counselor and with your pastor for ongoing support, especially to help you stay safe and to talk through next steps for work and home life.

Father, in Jesus name we lift this dear brother to You. We ask You to keep him safe tonight, to surround him with caring people, and to give him rest and strength for each next step. Bring comfort and wisdom to him, to his wife and to their children, and guide him toward the help and support he needs. Show him he is seen and not alone. In Jesus name, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

Dear God please help me and please forgive me for being a alcoholic again. I'm laying in my bed and it feels so good to rest and relax. I went down stairs this morning and I made myself a little drink of whiskey and sprite. I'm thinking of being a little bit late this morning to work so that I...
Replies
11
Views
55
Dear God please help me at work today. I'm afraid of losing my job I have too much work to do and I am very stressed out and I have a lot of anxiety. Please help me. Please soften the hearts of my bosses and my coworkers and my customers and especially my wife because we are not happy with each...
Replies
17
Views
180
Dear God please help me today at work. I have been home sick all of this week and today is my first day back to work. I'm going to a difficult job site this morning to do a shutdown on some equipment and I need your help with a safe and successful day. Please help me and my coworkers do a good...
Replies
19
Views
192
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,411
Messages
16,799,577
Members
649,921
Latest member
Rhuirath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom