Is jealousy justified sometimes?

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

If "jealousy" means disliking the unfairness of some situations, I would say that the jealousy is justified.If there's something you crave more than anything, it's always out of reach, then you hear that someone else gets it,if not liking that makes you "jealous", then count me in.Now..I hear of people who have financial problems,then see someone else win the lottery.A person in ill health sees a jogger fly by their window.But for me, the "jealousy comes with those who have more time than me.As busy as I've been, and with no sign of it easing up..then I go into a business when it's "slow,"and see them sitting around ,how can I NOT be jealous,knowing ThEY are getting what I want?I'm "jealous" because of the unfairness.I think it would be "fair" if everyone had it "equal" instead of one gets it, and the other doesn't.What some see as a sin , by being "jealous",I call it a cry for fairness. Didn't Jesus say, in the Beatitudes,"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled"Is calling for fairness a form of hungering and thirsting for righteousness?

Was Jesus jelous of anything when He was on earth? Did He ever show any signs that He wanted what others had? Remember that jelousy is cousing of greed. We seem to focus on what we want and loose sight of what we really need. Jesus wil provide with everything you ask Him in faith believing. Now, the question comes to us. Is jelousy a sin against God? I think it is. It is a feeling that satan brings to you, a fear that someone will take something that is yours. Like thinking someone will steal your wifes affection and care. Just give all negative feelings and thoughts to Jesus. He will fix the problem and you will not be found accountable for what it was said or done.

If "jealousy" means disliking the unfairness of some situations, I would say that the jealousy is justified.If there's something you crave more than anything, it's always out of reach, then you hear that someone else gets it,if not liking that makes you "jealous", then count me in.Now..I hear of people who have financial problems,then see someone else win the lottery.A person in ill health sees a jogger fly by their window.But for me, the "jealousy comes with those who have more time than me.As busy as I've been, and with no sign of it easing up..then I go into a business when it's "slow,"and see them sitting around ,how can I NOT be jealous,knowing ThEY are getting what I want?I'm "jealous" because of the unfairness.I think it would be "fair" if everyone had it "equal" instead of one gets it, and the other doesn't.What some see as a sin , by being "jealous",I call it a cry for fairness. Didn't Jesus say, in the Beatitudes,"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled"Is calling for fairness a form of hungering and thirsting for righteousness?

It is all part of counting all things as joy. If you see others having down time and that is what you desire why can't you be happy for them as unto yourself? That happiness would return unto you Steven. What we do unto others returns unto us Steven.

Last edited:
Was Jesus jelous of anything when He was on earth? Did He ever show any signs that He wanted what others had? Remember that jelousy is cousing of greed. We seem to focus on what we want and loose sight of what we really need. Jesus wil provide with everything you ask Him in faith believing. Now, the question comes to us. Is jelousy a sin against God? I think it is. It is a feeling that satan brings to you, a fear that someone will take something that is yours. Like thinking someone will steal your wifes affection and care. Just give all negative feelings and thoughts to Jesus. He will fix the problem and you will not be found accountable for what it was said or done.
Well if you're alright with being stuck in a traffic jam for an hour, yet seeing the cars on the other side of the highway whizzing by with no problems,...I look at it as crying out against unfairness,

Well if you're alright with being stuck in a traffic jam for an hour, yet seeing the cars on the other side of the highway whizzing by with no problems,...I look at it as crying out against unfairness,

At times we are on the other side of the highway moving along peacefully, why not be happy for them and pray for each other as we are all in the Earth together as a whole? Shouldn't we pray for each other to be blessed to move along peacefully?

At times we are on the other side of the highway moving along peacefully, why not be happy for them and pray for each other as we are all in the Earth together as a whole? Shouldn't we pray for each other to be blessed to move along peacefully?
As long as everything is equal.

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

FYI... that's "envy" and it's sure to bring evil into your heart. Besides would be "jealous" of someone who has cancer? and say because they have it, you should...am sure that's your definition of "fair". Christ knew this when he recommended in Matt 6:25-34. Know now that anxiety brings comparison, which in turn brings envy and that's will root evil in your heart. You might think that because you can't have it, others should not. The key to happiness is contentment...do spend your time thinking of the ills... but think of the strength...no one plans how to live in death, but how to live in life... you can not be envious of the rich man who is dying of cancer nor of the Rockstar who hides at certain times of the year because insanity rakes his entire being. CONTENTMENT

Similar Requests

• Article
In the last few weeks, I’ve received three separate questions from wives that overlap in their tone. Summarizing what they asked about: Doesn’t a husband need oral sex to be sexually satisfied? How can I handle a husband who persists in wanting to be pegged (defined below)? Is a wife in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In "being about His Father's business," Jesus actually had a whole lot to say. Many in the church seldom acknowledge this text because, here, Jesus is speaking to His disciples, about the church, especially her leaders. This was just a bit of what Jesus said . . . Mathew 23 (MSG) Now Jesus...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A debate broke out between John's disciples and a certain Jew over ceremonial cleansing. So John's disciples came to him and said, "Rabbi, the man you met on the other side of the Jordan River, the one you identified as the Messiah, is also baptizing people. [1] And everybody is going to him...
Replies
Views
Into existence everyone who is using my situation to help themselves and it's making it worse and disgusting leaves now and forgets my name my kids name anyone else innocent. Turn every curse sent my way blessing Neh 13:2 TAILED Deut 28:13 let the people be tailed that think it's funny to kill...
Replies
Views
  • Article
“I was in limerence with my spouse. Is the relationship fake?” Often, clients will tell me that they are sure they were in limerence with their spouse before they were married. But does that mean the relationship with their spouse was bad from the beginning? If you were in limerence with your...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom