Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Bible in a Year: 2 Chronicles 15–16,John 12:27–50

The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Turning eighteen ushered in a new era in my daughter’s life: legally an adult, she now had the right to vote in future elections and would soon embark on life after finishing college. This shift had instilled in me a sense of urgency—I would have precious little time with her under my roof to impart to her the wisdom she’d need to face the world on her own: how to manage finances, stay alert to world issues and make sound decisions.

My sense of duty to equip my daughter to handle her life was understandable. After all, I loved her and desired for her to flourish. But I realised that while I had an important role, it wasn’t solely—or even primarily—my job. In Paul’s words to the Thessalonians—a group of people he considered his children in the faith because he’d taught them about Jesus—he urged them to help one another (1 Thessalonians 5:14–15), but ultimately he trusted their growth to God. He acknowledged that God would “sanctify [them] through and through” (v. 23).

Paul trusted God to do what he couldn’t: prepare them—“spirit, soul and body”—for the eventual return of Jesus (v. 23). Though his letters to the Thessalonians contained instructions, his trust in God for their wellbeing and preparedness teaches us that growth in the lives of those we care for is ultimately in God’s hands (1 Corinthians 3:6).

Reflect & Pray
How have you observed God helping you to grow in Him? Whose growth do you need to entrust to Him?

Father, thank You for being the initiator and finisher of my spiritual growth. Please help me to trust You for that good work.

Last edited:

Turning eighteen ushered in a new era in my daughter’s life: legally an adult, she now had the right to vote in future elections and would soon embark on life after finishing college. This shift had instilled in me a sense of urgency—I would have precious little time with her under my roof to impart to her the wisdom she’d need to face the world on her own: how to manage finances, stay alert to world issues and make sound decisions.

My sense of duty to equip my daughter to handle her life was understandable. After all, I loved her and desired for her to flourish. But I realised that while I had an important role, it wasn’t solely—or even primarily—my job. In Paul’s words to the Thessalonians—a group of people he considered his children in the faith because he’d taught them about Jesus—he urged them to help one another (1 Thessalonians 5:14–15), but ultimately he trusted their growth to God. He acknowledged that God would “sanctify [them] through and through” (v. 23).

Paul trusted God to do what he couldn’t: prepare them—“spirit, soul and body”—for the eventual return of Jesus (v. 23). Though his letters to the Thessalonians contained instructions, his trust in God for their wellbeing and preparedness teaches us that growth in the lives of those we care for is ultimately in God’s hands (1 Corinthians 3:6).

Reflect & Pray
How have you observed God helping you to grow in Him? Whose growth do you need to entrust to Him?

Father, thank You for being the initiator and finisher of my spiritual growth. Please help me to trust You for that good work.

Blessed be the Lord God almighty for saving me, helping me and healing me from a horrible desease. I am so grateful to Jesus for those wonderful things He did in the past and will do in the future.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Reflect & Pray

Praying for revival in all churches in Great Britain so Jesus will save all lost souls and send blessings upon blessings to everyone. Jesus is coming soon and will take us all home to heaven.

Similar Requests

• Article
Preface: In urban vernacular, to say to someone "You got served," is to generally convey a message of having put one in his/her place or to have triumphed over. Howbeit, scriputrally translated, it simply means, because God has blessed you, bless someone else. Because Jesus gave freely to us...
Replies
Views
  • Article
7 Powerful Prayers for Wisdom Written by Dawn Wilson -- Crosswalk.com Contributing Writer July 19, 2023 Praying daily for wisdom is a wise thing to do! In Proverbs 8, an intriguing passage about wisdom, the writer asks, “Does not wisdom call out?” Indeed, God’s wisdom does call out, and those...
Replies
Views
  • Article
8 Reasons Why Obedience to God Is Important From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible has a lot to say about obedience. In the story of the Ten Commandments, we see just how important the concept of obedience is to God. Deuteronomy 11:26-28 sums it up like this: "Obey and you will be blessed...
Replies
Views
  • Article
https://donnareidland.com/how-to-successfully-read-through-the-bible/ Why It Is So Important to Read through the Bible even if you've tried and failed in the past December 2, 2022 Posted by Donna Reidland Christian Living This year is fast drawing to a close and many of us are thinking...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Please be warned, this entry is EXTREMELY long. It’s a lot. But, I have to write it. Obviously this city has closed her ears to me, as foretold; but for those in cities who have ears to hear... STUMBLING STONE or ROCK OF SALVATION HE’S THE INITIATOR Does God's plans ever seem to interfere with...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom