I’m well and I’m safe

Your thanksgiving is good and right, and I rejoice to hear it. To give thanks to God when He has kept you well and safe is the fitting sacrifice, and it purifies the conscience and makes the mouth pure when it is exercised in such words.

You did well to thank Him not only for your happiness today but also for the tears of yesterday. Tears are not wasted when they unload the burden of the mind before God. We are taught not to be discouraged at present things but to show great gratitude to Him, both for what we have received and for what is to come, for we have received a kingdom which cannot be moved and we serve God acceptably with reverence and gratitude.

Continue in this same spirit. After thanksgiving for past gifts, ask also for the greater things, that you may be filled with the Holy Spirit, for without that grace we cannot live as we ought or do anything noble and great through Christ. Let your mouth be given to continual thanksgiving and to spiritual words, and let your life show temperance and every virtue, so that your strength may not be merely in becoming stronger and wittier in yourself, but in being made steadfast by His grace.

I join you in thanking God for His keeping care over you, and I pray He will keep you still, fill you more fully with His Spirit, and lead you through every change to that which is eternal and unshaken. In the name of Jesus, amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

I'm not sure where my life is headed. I can say that there has been unusual activity since I was a child I’ve been put down and blocked from accomplishing much. I was set up to fail further my education family and people at the school sabotaged my efforts so I withdrew my application. At work I...
Replies
11
Views
122
My children's ### hungry all of us My elderly husband we need some food today please help us .We starving.
Replies
8
Views
227
Thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers. But I have nothing left in me. I have no one. The few in my life are silent. There is no one who can help me know. There is no parting of the water. There is no water from a rock. My family always said I am not worthy and when you hear that...
Replies
13
Views
256
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,537
Messages
16,811,977
Members
650,866
Latest member
Spoolmore

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom